Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sleeplessness on high fruit diet
Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: January 08, 2008 01:31AM

Do you have any suggestions to solve sleepnessness on a high fruit diet? Probably my 200 g of greens a day are not sufficient, but can't handle more at this time. Do you have any other tricks?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sleeplessness on high fruit diet
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 08, 2008 02:31AM

Try a different diet. You might do better on a diet lower in sweet fruit. Read some books by Ann Wigmore, Brian Clement, and Gabriel Cousens

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 08, 2008 02:55AM

Some sleepnessness factors to consider:
* spices
* overeating
* too much sleep ha ha!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 08, 2008 03:07AM

I hear you

Here are a few options:

- channel your time into more physically draining activities.
. Things like yoga will funciton well and help still the mind
. Kinda like...a....Bonus!

- My feeling is that you are on the 'lighter side' so your body theoreticaly requires less management

but it is still best to do yourself a favor and dedicate that energy to your healing process.

- no need to 'jump into' a high fruit diet...

. Pick a diet that works for your, then move from there.

. We are all putting one foot in front of the other

- if you are COMFORTAABLE with your diet AND very clean internally and are up at night...like I am alot..heh...

. Make sure to just have lots of fun..
. And get to bed like 10 mins earlier the next night.
. A personal PACT!

- Kennings Resseius
www.resse.us

"Info for the Rest of US"

Date: January 09, 2008 11:31AM

Bryan10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try a different diet. You might do better on a
> diet lower in sweet fruit.

I think I better stop eating..... Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could live without food, and just take an apple here or there just for the taste? One overweight person could do that, but I have not much to loose.. Actually I find that mono fruits are the easiest on my digestive system. So sweet fruits are still the best, can not take more volume than I do now!

Thanks for all your suggestions. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with chard and beetgreens. I have the impression that these aggravate the problem of sleeplessness, but have to watch and test that. I am not living on these but the few times I took some the problem seemed worse.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 09, 2008 12:16PM

Opinion:

-Higher or lower sleep is a common occurrence when changing diet (in my experiences). This is not a problem if you find you have higher or lower REQUIREMENTS. If you still require a lot of sleep and aren't getting it.....then a person can work on the mastery skill of 'regulating their own detox'.

Let me esplain a bit:

Optimal: 1) If a person feels 100% comfortable/motivated and their diet is a no-brainer..and only a mild/joyful challenge that YOU are motivated to do...then they are OK! Sleep patterns are relaxing and full.

Good: 2) If the diet is far too easy....and things are going well....then you increase your pace a bit!

Most common: A) People are eating many mixed, processed and fatty foods and meals- and their system is throwing off signals to sleep more. cool smiley The system is arbitrarily over-stimulated by foods and chemicals....and the body is not sleeping - and this is causing suffering and fatigue.

-The thing is to not worry! You WILL sleep if you need it!....just don't put too many limits when you are transitioning. You may need MUCH more for a time....you may need much less. The above suggestions are great. Good exercise during the day....and smaller meals.....lighter meals....less combining....and not eating after dark will allow for better digestion...and more thorough sleep.

-If one is detoxing (with lots of junk in the system), then root vegetables, greens, and light avocado, nuts and coconut will slow down this detox....and allow for easier sleep.

-If one is progressing too fast...and is eating TOO lightly...then one should eat more of the above to not become too spacey, ungrounded, or overly-energetic.

-Find enthusiastic volunteer work and exercise to do during the day...things that you are passionate about...and I guarantee you...that you WILL sleep! LOL. Just my experiences/opinions - which I hope are a little helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: January 10, 2008 12:35PM

David, yes, did not think of the possibility of a detox. Quite possible. You are saying that greens slow down detox, is that right? Is there an explanation for that?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 10, 2008 04:49PM

Opinion:

-Greens are a heartier, more fibrous food than say.....papaya. It requires a good deal more of digestion....and peristaltic action....and this diverts more energy and blood flow into digestion....then say....a mono-meal of papaya. Fasting, for instance, usually brings one into DIRECT contact with the toxic state of the body, mind and emotions....and this can clog up the system with toxins and feelings of discord...and other detox symptoms....if done too abruptly or acutely. Regulating one's own detox with healthier foods is a wondrous and primary skill that CAN be achieved.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:53AM

I have been having wonderfu results with raw honey. I or 2 teaspoons before bed. Paradoxically also seems to help me lose weight. Possibly because its enzymes support the liver.

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: January 11, 2008 03:43AM

I agree with David - eat heavier foods. Too much fruit in the diet, solely consisting of high amounts of questionable or highly hybridized (although this is not true for all fruits, many, such as seedless commercial produce, GMO fruits, etc.) items WITHOUT proper detox will definitely cause sleeplessness. Most fruitarians and raw foodists can assimiliate these as good sources of nutrition, but it is true that some of these fruits are not as good as their organic counterparts - and shouldn't be eaten as the bulk of your diet when you are first becoming a raw foodist without balance from greens, coconuts, avocados, durians, nuts and seeds, etc.

Your body may not be getting enough calories. I remember when I was malnourished I couldn't sleep for the life of me because I was starving and would toss and turn all night. Bananas and avocados make you very sleepy when eaten ripe. Although I do not eat many of these, I love raw baby spinach and find it has a calming effect, too. Perhaps you could sprout some nuts and seeds as well. Also, exercise! It will make your sleep patterns much easier and more fulfilling.

<3

Date: January 11, 2008 12:24PM

Right David, I got the picture. this will really help me to regulate my own detox (and that of others smiling smiley ), wonderful! I have another question on a new thread, hopefully my last question, would you mind to comment on that new one? Thanks!

cocoa_nibs, wonderful, but no honey for me, that will make it worse...

rawfrancois, yes, you are basically saying the same as David, slow down detox with heavier foods. For me that will be more greens gradually, and adding a little bit of the heavier fatty foods. I will experiment now I understand the principles.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables