Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Circles under the eyes
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: January 11, 2008 04:18PM

Has anyone managed to get rid of them, and what have you done?

Mine have improved slightly after going raw, and they may go away in time--but it doesn't seem like any time soon. ~.~ I read somewhere that vitamin C is supposed to help? I'm already eating goji berries nearly every day, with a high fruit diet, so I'm getting 10-20 times the RDA, I'm sure. (My % is in the 1000's when I check on fitday, usually.)

I also get adequate sleep and feel charged in the mornings--I used to be sleeping from 4am-noon, but switching to raw has moved that naturally back to 1-9. But I still have the circles!

Thanks for the insight. >8)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Circles under the eyes
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 11, 2008 05:02PM

Your body still has some more healing it needs to go through. I had very dark circles under my eyes when I first went raw, but they disappeared after my 4 month long detox. The main thing I did when this detox arrived was to sleep, which at first was 16 hours a day.

What can help your body get even more rest is to remove spices and condiments out of your diet, things like salt, pepper, vinegar, garlic, onions, spices, strong herbs, etc, anything that is considered to be a digestive stimulant. These digestive stimulants also stimulate the body somewhat.

You might also try doing a mono-fruit cleanse, say like a week of mono eating only oranges or only bananas. This sets up a condition where your body starts detoxing, and this may lead to more fatigue and need for sleep. This is a good thing, as it is in your sleep where a lot of the healing and rebuilding of your body occurs.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 11, 2008 05:24PM

Excellent advice from Bryan. I certainly agree 100.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 11, 2008 06:01PM

My dark circles never have gone away and they were so noticable people I hardly knew would comment on them. I have a picture of my mom and 4 of her sisters, lined up with smiling faces, all looking very happy, but all had very dark circles under their eyes.

I started a magnesium oxide and vit-c protocol a few months ago for a support for my Iodine treatment for my hypothryoidism, and during this time my dark circles have disappeared completely, I'm 55 yrs. old. I'm not 100% raw either.

I think it has a lot to do with dirty blood, or blood not rich in oxygen maybe? I don't know..but I was taking 3-4 grams of magnesium oxide tablets and 3-4 or more grams of vit-c and now my body just wants 2 grams of magnesium and 2 grams of vit-c along with all the fresh fruits, leafy greens, and other raw foods I can get into a day plus I do eat 1 small cooked meal sometimes. Some days I'm 100% raw. I match what I take in grams of the magnesium and paired same amount of the vit-c with it which has been 1 gram of mag. paired with 1 gram of vit-c for each dose currently.

I started taking it during the nights, whenever I awoke, but after a month or so, I started taking it thru-out the daytime instead.

If you don't like taking supplements, try finding raw foods that have a lot of magnesium, and raw foods that contain vit-c and give that a try.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: January 11, 2008 07:06PM

Doesn't the Magnesium make you go to the bathroom a lot? Or is there a difference between magnesim oxide and normal magnesium?

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: January 11, 2008 07:20PM

I do have INTENSE young coconut cravings right now, and it turns out, they are loaded with magnesium. I will pay close attention to other sources, too, and try pairing them with something high-vitamin C.

I tried to mono-banana for 2 1/2 days. I felt good, but was getting very thirsty--when it's local Ontario peach season, I'll be able to mono without trying. =) Next time the grocery store has boxes of Florida oranges, I should strike while the iron is hot.

I've also removed all spices, garlic, vinegars, etc. Sometimes I miss hot peppers, but oh well.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and keep experimenting. It's good to know that other people have had success. Thanks for the advice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables