Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Soymilk-good? bad?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2008 07:27PM

I am sure this topic has been discussed, but I am new to the forum, so please indulge me.Almond milk is quite expensive-I have six to feed and live in Wisconsin-short growing season and hard to find some products. I have been a vegetarian (mostly vegan for 20 years)I am going raw this year-bring the family along at a later date, when I have enough good recipes to share with them. Meantime, give me the scoop on the soy and any suggestions for those of us living in the beer and cheese state-anybody out there? Viroqua? I hope I am not alone on this one. (p.s. thanks Dulset) Peg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Soymilk-good? bad?
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: January 11, 2008 08:34PM

Hi newyear!

If you own a blender, almond milk can be made very easily, and a lot less expensive. (and as a bonus, you can save the pulp to make a delicious "cheeze" spread - great on raw crackers!). There are all kinds of recipes around, but basically, you soak the almonds overnight, then whizz them up in the blender with some water and a date for sweetness if you want. Strain and drink.

Once you learn how, I be this is even cheaper than soymilk from the store. (I have six to feed too, but they are pretty resistant to my "crazy" raw ideas, haha!!)

Sapphire

Re: Soymilk-good? bad?
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 11, 2008 11:47PM

You can make milk from sunflower or sesame seeds in the same way, they are both quite a bit cheaper than almonds.

(Soy milk is never raw and almond milk bought from the store will not be raw.)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables