Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

weight gain on raw
Posted by: gimpyq ()
Date: January 12, 2008 12:27AM

Been eating mostly raw, and feel wonderful! But since I've eliminated the excess protein and fat from my diet I've gained 5 pounds, when in fact I could stand to lose about 10. Very discouraging, and out of desperation ate a bit of chicken at dinner last night. Not surprising, I was up all night with hives, didn't vomit but felt I might! BIG mistake! So, now what? I KNOW I'm doing what's right for my body, but feel absolutely horrid carrying around this extra 'jiggle'. Now what?

PS I think my body has been detox-ing the past 2 1/2 months. Have tiny little acne bumps around my hairline, neck and upper chest. Never been prone to acne before (when I used to eat the SAD). This leads me to believe that I NEED the raw food, but how do I find the right ratio of fruit/green veg/nuts that will work for me, without getting chubby?

Thank you. Love, gimpy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weight gain on raw
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 12, 2008 01:31AM

I hear you. Somewhere between chicken dinners and mostly raw is a level that YOU are comfortable at. Set VERY small goals....keep them...and be satisfied with your level of output daily. Do what you are motivated and prepared and enthusiastic about.....and accept the fears that are the ticket price of entry. Don't judge yourself based solely on results. If we all did that...then ANYONE'S performance can end up looking like crap....compared to something else - you follow?

-You'll find the right ratio....it's only a short stretch from where you are 100% comfortable with right now...with no stress whatsoever.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2008 11:57AM

Perhaps you are retaining a bit of water.

Posted by: gimpyq ()
Date: January 12, 2008 09:32PM

God bless you, David. I'll be more mindful off small successes. Thank you for the words of wisdom; you've made my day.

Love, gimpy

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: January 12, 2008 10:17PM

Well, what do you usually eat in a typical day? I would give suggestions, but I am at a loss. Also, it's true - if you are eating salt, you could be retaining water. I'm excited to hear your response, I want to help. <3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2008 10:22PM by rawfrancois.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables