Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Symptoms of Detox?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 13, 2008 02:21PM

I've been about 90% raw for 2-3 weeks and experiencing some odd symptoms. I'm guessing these might be symptoms of detoxification. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Firstly, after about 1-2 weeks on raw, I was feeling extremely thirsty and found myself drinking glass after glass of water (not a bad thing I suppose!). In the last few days, I've been feeling rubbish - lacking in energy, nauseous, 'fluey'. Has anyone else had any strange symptoms after starting raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Symptoms of Detox?
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: January 13, 2008 03:21PM

Could be the flu. Could be detox.

Keep drinking water. Get plenty of rest. Try and be patient and love yourself through this. Regardless of which it is, flu or detox, the treatment is the same: plenty of water, nutritious and easy to digest foods if hungry, and love.

When I don't feel so well, I eat as simply as possible -- mono meals of fruits, maybe a simple salad in the evening if I am hungry. Eat more if you need to. I try and avoid complex meals and harder to digest stuff like nuts, seeds, complex meals, etc., when I'm feeling down so that my body has the energy it needs to heal.

And don't forget the importance of sleep.

I hope you feel better.

Lee

Re: Symptoms of Detox?
Posted by: TAMJOJOADAR ()
Date: January 13, 2008 04:52PM

Yes today i have body ache I feel depressed and I just don't want to do anything. I know this will pass but this is what is going on with me. I did not get the nausea, but i know people do. I diffently have the lack of energy today. it has been 13 days of 100% raw for me. so good luck to you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2008 04:53PM by TAMJOJOADAR.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables