Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Exercise + raw food = feeling great!!!!
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 06, 2008 03:40PM

I have a considerably active job, which has been my excuse and my reason to slack off on having a more holistic exercise regimen for the past few years. I used to do yoga all the time when I was in middle school/high school, and the past month or so I've been itching to start up again.

Yesterday, I felt horrible. Albeit 100% raw, I was overeating all day, had cramps, took a nap and couldn't get untired, felt weepy, just wasn't having any fun with life at all.

By the evening, I said what the heck! plugged in the space heater I got for Christmas, dug out my old yoga mat, and found some nice websites to guide myself through some basic yoga poses. I was appalled to see how stiff and weak my body had become (no lie, I couldn't even do some of what used to be my favorite poses), but even after only 30 minutes or so... I felt AWESOME!!!

AWESOME!!! All of my cramps were gone, my cravings to keep eating out of boredom and despair disappeared, my energy skyrocketed, and my mood transformed into SUPER AWESOME! It's really amazing to see what just a little bit of blood circulation will do for the body.

So I unrolled the mat as soon as I got out of bed this morning. I think it will be a nice waking ritual, especially until I can find affordable classes that aren't too far away.

Just a tiny bit of exercise (even just sitting and trying to touch your toes, apparently, ha ha ha) will take you miles on the raw! For anyone who is struggling, or having a rough day, with moods or cravings or anything, my advice is to get the blood flowing, because it will make you feel great. =)

It also painted an accurately hideous picture of just how far into disrepair my body has fallen... but at least I know I have literally no better source of fuel to start the repair. Just a little bit of effort every day, and I should be able to create a good habit that sticks...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Exercise + raw food = feeling great!!!!
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 06, 2008 03:51PM

When I first went raw I had been exercising regularly for about five years. There were several reasons I got out of the habit then. I lost weight (one of my motivators for exersize) I felt so much more energetic than I had in years (another motivator) and with my new found energy I started pouring myself into the many physical projects I had been putting off for so long leaving little time for an exercise regime.

I have been wanting to get back into the routine. Bathing suit season is near providing a new motivation so last week I did Pilates and/or free weights everyday. I was so sore but I felt so good. My energy level and attitude sky rocketed.

I can already see a difference too!!!

Posted by: joanna2007 ()
Date: February 06, 2008 04:27PM

if you love yoga watch and try "Namaste" it's yoga workout on the Fit channel... you can also look up the website and buy the dvds--- there are the best yoga workouts i have ever tried!!! good luck to ya!

sincerely,
joanna

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 06, 2008 07:06PM

I have been exercisin reularly for (apparently, my G doesn't depress as well today) over 6 years, since prior to becomin vegan, but I have felt great during all this time. The only time I don't look forward to exercise is if I have cramps or am ill, so very rarely.

Raw is the same - only it's awesome to not ever feel so stuffed that I can't get out and do something!

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 06, 2008 08:48PM

yay! me too! when i was eating my "healthy vegetarian" SAD, i was so energetically depleted that the thought of exercise was a joke given my busy single-working-mom schedule. but now i find that i crave exercise, i'm back doing my yoga practice, weight lifting, kettlebells (love em!), swiss ball core exercises, and lots of bodyweight drills. and i'll do them at 11 o'clock at night or 4 in the morning if i have to, i just have to do something cuz it feels so great!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables