Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detoxing and itching...HELP
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: February 06, 2008 07:20PM

I am experiencing a terrible itch that I attribute to detox and it's driving me crazy!! The itch feels like it is just under the skin and almost feels like a poking sensation. Also my skin is extremely dry especially on my face. Has anybody else experienced this? Is anybody aware of anything natural that could give some relief? I would be so grateful!! Thanks!
Pippin07

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detoxing and itching...HELP
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 07, 2008 06:22PM

It's difficult for any of us to say what the itch is from, but in general the skin is a route for detoxing toxic waste. Keeping it soothed with baths that contain things like Epsom salt, baking soda, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, hydrogen peroxide would all help with itching.

Exfoliating with a dry brush or while in the bathtub may help in getting rid of the top layer of dead skin cells, generate new cells, and circulate blood and help build collagen. I use those gloves for my baths, and use them with the water and my hand-made soaps. I also put on a bit (small amounts only for face) of coconut oil on my face, and body or sometimes sweet almond oil or avocado oil.

You might think of adding in a parasite cleanse, there are many ways to do that, I just buy the tinctures you can get at the health food type stores that have things like Wormwood, Fresh Green Black Walnut Hull, and Cloves. Or just try the Wormwood first..see how you do on that.

Love,
Prism

Re: Detoxing and itching...HELP
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 07, 2008 10:25PM

the very first thing i thought of is dry brushing your body before you shower. I may be new at this, however the first thing that I learned is that you can get itchy, rashy skin if you don't! I was told, as a side note that when you are dry brushing your body, to always brush upwards towards your heart - and never brush your breasts.

interesting points - the people on this site are so intelligent!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables