Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the first week of raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 07, 2008 10:53PM

hey all, i'm new to this! i'm really enjoying the transition, i was already a vegetarian - this is like a challenge to me - and i'm loving it.

question though, in a week i've actually gained a couple of pounds. is this normal?

i am not going raw for weight reasons, so its not particularly important to me, but i did find it a bit odd.

any comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the first week of raw
Date: February 07, 2008 11:10PM

Would you be able give us an idea of what you've been eating?

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 07, 2008 11:36PM

how are your eliminations?
my yoga teacher used to say, "its not so much that we are what we eat. we are what we dont sh**." smiling smiley

Date: February 07, 2008 11:51PM

everything has been normal as far as digestion goes - i usually eat fruit for breakfast, a salad for lunch and i mix it up at dinner time - i don't venture far from salads beefed up with seeds or avocados,etc. i don't eat much very heavy - i wonder if i am retaining water for some reason

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 08, 2008 01:50AM

Sure. It's always normal for weight to fluctuate when changing diets (or not). Just concentrate on getting in good nutrition, lower calorie...with measured amounts of fats. In the beginning, eat a WIDE variety of fresh, raw plant foods that you love. Eat often, stay full, and bring snacks. Don't rely on others to feed you. You might want to journal what you are actually eating, and what your goals are.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 08, 2008 03:54PM

Salt?! :O

Even sea salt in gourmet raw will bloat me noticeably the next day.

Date: February 08, 2008 04:30PM

I'm brand new as well. Today is my 5th day raw! I love the diet, now I just need to stick to it smiling smiley

Mary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables