Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pineapples
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: February 10, 2008 12:13AM

I love pinepples. I was wondering if anyone has luck growing them all year round? Is there a specific season or them? I may be moving to Florida in the near future and was thinking o what I would like to plant when I get there. I have a dream of haing a completely edible landscape.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pineapples
Date: February 10, 2008 12:22AM

I've grown them very easily in the Caribbean pretty much year round though they are said to peak between March/April and July/August. I would imagine that growing them in Central or Southern Florida would yield similar results.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 10, 2008 01:41AM

Yes. Just as TheCC's indicated. Keep in mind that they take a while to grow! It's a labor of love. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 10, 2008 01:49AM

Where in Florida? We are in Coral springs

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 10, 2008 02:44AM

Sure. I lived in Coral Springs / Tamarac a number of years. They'll grow fine. I'm up in Avon Park (near Lake Placid now)...which is also a plenty good spot. Those leaves get jaggedy! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: February 10, 2008 05:53AM

I like them too but it's too sad that those available here (Quebec) are picked up not riped and end up way too acidic.

I actually haven't had any problems with acidic fruits up until I started a raw diet. I guess my body is just sending me clearer messages about what I'm eating.

Hell, to days ago I ate some pineapple and it was so strong it burned my tongue and I got sweat on my face.

Anyways, looking forward to get good quality, ripe enough pineapples.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables