Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Organic vs non organic raw diet
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: February 10, 2008 07:34PM

Hi,

Started a raw food diet on January 3rd and loving it so far but I'm on a budget so I can't really afford organic food yet.

I've seen a lot of people preaching for the benefits of organic and I surely am interested in that and looking forward to it, but I also wanted to be reassured that I could still benefit a lot from a non organic raw diet.

I'm particularly looking forward to having my own garden and growing most of my own food. This would be great I think but unfortunately I live in a place where there is a lot of snow during winter so it's quite difficult to do this all year long. Hope someday I will be lucky enough to be able to live in a place that's hot all year long since I also want to get rid of my car and be able to use my bicycle all year long. I think at this moment I would be in a really good harmony with nature.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Organic vs non organic raw diet
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 10, 2008 07:59PM

This is just my opinion but:

Vegan high-raw organic
is better than
vegan high-raw non-organic
is better than
vegan low-raw organic
is better than
vegan low-raw non-organic
is better than
omnivorous (dairy and/or meat) organic
is better than
omnivorous non-organic.

You might want to look up tables to see what fruits & veggies have the most pesticide residue, i.e., peppers, berries, etc.

Date: February 10, 2008 08:05PM

Heres a list of fruits and vegetables that soak up a lot of pesticides and should be purchased organic when possible: Click

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 10, 2008 08:11PM

Thanks for the awesome list.

Although I'm slightly depressed now... haha. When I can find organic strawberries, they're never for less than $6/carton. It's robbery, IMO.

I had no idea peaches were so loaded with pesticides. angry smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 10, 2008 10:05PM

Opinion:

-Eating organic is not a 'required entry rite' to eating healthy - or eating fresh, raw plant foods. If you cannot (or do not wish) to purchase organic food, simply increase your overall lifetime % of fresh, raw conventional produce you are eating.......slowly....until you reach YOUR goals......and THEN see how you feel! My opinion is that you will achieve excellent results. This has been MY experience.

-Don't AVOID taking the trip, because you can't find the cleanest car. Bad analogy...but hey...

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2008 10:06PM by davidzanemason.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 10, 2008 10:13PM

Lots of great advice here. When your budget allows it, try all organic for yourself and see you can feel any difference after a few months. You may find organic is worth it for you.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 11, 2008 12:19AM

i can afford very little organic right now, i don't worry about it though.
you can easily grow your own greens in the kithcen, you don't even need any sprouting equiptment beyond a mason jar and a piece of old nylon stocking or nylon window screen or cheese cloth and some seeds.

AND strawberries are really easy to grow in the summer time. you can get these bags with little cut outs that grow tons of berries and take up zero floor space. go for it!
this site here even has a diy strawberry tube tutorial
[www.tucsongardener.com]

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 11, 2008 02:18AM

When I finally adjust to eating less, not only will it be more $$$ feasible, but my body might be more prepared to appreciate the changes--better absorption, etc.

But I'm driving the cheapest car I can and LOOOOOOVING the ride! If we're using the analogy...

Thanks a million for that site!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables