Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a few more questions
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 18, 2008 03:00AM

How would I juice cherries? The pit is fine in the juicer? What about the blender? I only have a cheap-o Hamilton beach juicer, but do have a vita-mix. I guess I would wonder the samw about grapes with seeds - fine in both?
Secondly, pineapple - typically juiced with or without the core? And lastly, I just read somewhere that lemon seeds make smoothies bitter? Anyone know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a few more questions
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 18, 2008 04:56AM

I would pit them before tossing them in the juicer. I'm not a big fan of incorporating fruit seeds as a food. Just my thing. Grape seeds WILL generally go through the old Jack LaLane Juicer with no problems. As to pineapple? I suppose you could go either way and not have a problem. Personally I would core it...since juicing is a treat...and not an everyday thing for me.....but you can try it both ways....and see what you think. And you don't HAVE to have lemon seeds in your lemon juice. smiling smiley You can pop those suckers out with a fork.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2008 11:35AM

cherry pits are hard as rock, take them out. grape seeds have terrific qualities, i do juice those with the fruit. i wouldn't bother taking out the core of pineapple myself but that's a personal choice based on what's easier, i would say try both ways and see if there's a difference for you.
and eat a lemon seeds to see if you like the taste. if you don't mind it, juice away.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 18, 2008 03:23PM

I just happened to see a video on the blendtec website about making smoothies after posting this. He put the core in of the pineapple (blending of course) and the seeds of the fruit - canteloupe, watermelon, etc. However, it didn't mention anything about lemon or grapes or cherries. He did say that seeds add extra nutrients -protein. I think it was Victoria Boutenko who said lemon seeds make thinks bitter. Interesting, thanks
veggie
PS - Anyone familiar with frozen aecerola? Or cherry powder? Seems like the powder would make no sense, just processed crap I would assume? When I am rushing in the am, I would love to have an easier method with the cherries, not having to seed them. I guess I could prepare them at night and then just throw them in when I am blending in the am.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 18, 2008 06:35PM

Right. Just as you say VF. I mean...if you wanted peach juice...you'd probably want to take out those pits...heh..heh. Anything with a larger 'stone' pit....rather than a tiny seed. Have fun!

-David Z. Mason.

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 18, 2008 07:11PM

...As far as pineapple cores go, I blend them, juice them and eat them too. I love it all.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 18, 2008 09:53PM

I cheat and buy frozen cherries...no pits! I make my breakfast smoothies at 530 in the morning so I'm big on saving time. I don't know about the health benefits but I definitely would not want to eat the pits just based on taste factor. Plus I don't have a Vitamix(yet) and I don't know how long my blender could handle that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables