Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing and evolution
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: February 25, 2008 05:11PM

hey guys,

Raw food diet appeals to me as it seems to conform with the evolutionary theory. However, what about juicing? Aren't we designed to chew on something (except water) and then let the digestive processes take over? When we juice, we are not chewing but directly ingesting the nutrients. So aren't we missing out on the benefits of chewing? How does one conform the need to chew our food and juicing?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing and evolution
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 25, 2008 06:19PM

There are a couple of points to be made here. Juicing adds variety and is great for different types of fasting and detoxifying. In these cases, juicing is only temporary or just for variety. I imagine there are folks who are strictly juicers and never chew a thing, but I don't think that's the optimum approach. A body needs fiber.

The big advantage to juicing, dinesh75, is that most people don't chew their food correctly, or enough. Most of what they eat just passes through their system without getting the maximum benefit of nutrition from the food. Juicing allows the nutrients to be fairly instantly absorbed into your system. Juicing is refreshing and a great pick me up!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 25, 2008 06:22PM

Opinion:

-For those who have already bypassed 'evolution' by eating processed foods that don't exist in nature....and have problems with absorbing nutrition.....juicing CAN help. But I agree that it is not optimal.....but can be fun and healthy for those transitioning...or needing more concentrated nutrition for a time. Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 25, 2008 07:38PM

I juice, blend and eat whole foods. Of those I consider the whole foods as the best choice and the only one that is essential to health because of the body's need for fiber. The juicing removes all or most of the fiber and the blender, especially a work horse like the VM, pulverizes the fiber so completely as to make it not effective enough for peristalses. Thats why eating some whole foods every day makes good sense to me.

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: February 25, 2008 08:12PM

Right. I make sure I eat lot of whole foods. I drink green lemonade (blend of different greens such as kale, romaine, chard, celery etc with ginger, garlic, an orange and an apple, and a carrot). Then keep eat whole raw foods throughout the day. For dinner, I eat a cooked meal. So was wondering if drinking juice for breakfast directly has any benefits over eating all the ingredients whole (probably two-three days of fiber smiling smiley).

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 25, 2008 09:22PM

I usually start my day with fresh juice because it jump starts my day with a nutritional boooooost. Also, when breaking a water only fast it is recommended to have a small glass of fresh juice as the first mini-meal, so after sleeping I have break-fast of some fresh juice. I like to have my heaviest foods later in the day.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 25, 2008 09:27PM

Chimpanzees juice. They squash their fruit against rocks and drink the juice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables