Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

first time eating a sharon fruit
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: February 28, 2008 11:05AM

I have never eaten a sharon fruit before. I have had a regular persimmon. I heard that you are able to eat the skin on a sharon fruit, true? Should I wait until it gets quite soft as I would for a persimmon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: first time eating a sharon fruit
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:13PM

As I understand it they are the same thing. In England we seem to get the type of sharon fruit that you can eat even when it isn't particularly soft. when they are like this I don't eat the skin but when they are nice and soft I do. I wish they were cheaper though - they come from Israel and cost about 50pence each - they aren't very big either

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 29, 2008 01:02AM

Flipperjan is correct. They are the same. They are couple of popular varieties. One looks like a Roma tomato and the other a Beefsteak tomato in shape. The Roma shaped one should be eaten soft and the skin peeled. The other can be eaten hard or soft. I usually eat the skin on this one as it is harder to peel.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 29, 2008 02:07PM

EWWW I would never eat Persimmon skin.

I had two yesterday that were so good, mushy soft they have to be and then you spoon them out like pudding.

Posted by: claire ()
Date: February 29, 2008 07:39PM

I love sharon fruit...always eat the skin!

Claire

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables