Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Hype and The Help - The Heros and The Hooligans
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 26, 2008 03:08AM

I'd like to get people's opinions on a few more things. I've learned that there isn't any one "right" way to go about the living and raw foods lifestyle. Everyone's bodies are so different. There's a lot of information out there that can really excite or confuse a person. Or worse, send them down an unwise path. There are more "gurus" and self-proclaimed experts, each with differing opinions, that it makes you wonder! While a person will eventually learn for themselves what works best for their bodies, they still need to learn the foundational basics from somewhere.

So, here's your chance to sound off and really make a difference in the life of some of the many newbies to the forums. I've read a lot of posts here and there are several of you seasoned veterans that I've come to respect and trust. But, I believe everyone has something to teach from their own experience. Even if it's just what not to do. So, with that in mind...

In your experience:

1. What's the biggest hype/lie about eating living and raw foods? (Other than the protein misnomer.)
2. What have you found to be many newbie's biggest mistakes about adopting this lifestyle?
3. What's something you think newbies think too much about?
4. What are your top three recommended resources? (Of any kind: book, product, food, website etc.,)
5. If you could give only one piece of advice to newbies, what would it be?
6. Who is/are your living and raw food heros/mentors? Why?
7. Who do you think is just a media hooligan, whose advice scares you? Why?

Bonus question, if you're so inclined. What do you think of the following media darlings? Matt Monarch? David Wolfe? Juliano? Markus Rothkranz? Gabriel Cousens? Are they helpful or are they hindrances and why? Who else crosses your mind?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Hype and The Help - The Heros and The Hooligans
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 26, 2008 03:46AM

Hmmm (my opinions):

1) That you HAVE to eat organic produce to get benefits. Or that anything other than fresh raw produce is usually 'necessary' to attain health.

2) People change to quickly...at a pace that's not right for THEM. Starting out easy allows for speed up. Changing too quickly sets one up for cravings and 'failure'.

3) That they HAVE to eat crap in order to be social and show love to friends and family.

4) This board, www.rawfoodtalk.com, and Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens.

5) Set VERY small goals, with timetables and keep them. Make sure that your lifetime goals PRECLUDE unhealthy lifestyles.

6) Mentors: All the guys who are devoting their time to being happy and making a difference.

7) I don't know of any such person. But I do suggest anyone be wary of those who promote expensive products and services as being necessary to health.

Monarch - like him.
David Wolfe - no problems.
Juliano - pretty pictures...and a rather pretty man.
Rothkranz - like him.
Gabriel Cousens - love him.

-All helpful - when not taken as gospel...but as tools to try.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 26, 2008 03:55AM

1. What's the biggest hype/lie about eating living and raw foods? (Other than the protein misnomer.)
Enzymes, probably.

2. What have you found to be many newbie's biggest mistakes about adopting this lifestyle?
Neglecting RDAs

Organic vs. conventional

4. What are your top three recommended resources? (Of any kind: book, product, food, website etc.,)
[www.nutritiondata.com]

Meet your RDAs, even if it means taking a B12 tablet once a week (horror, gasp!)

Some of the people here impress me with their love and their tender hearts and optimism.

A lot of the advice scares me, many hooligans, too many to list. Even when they have good intentions. It seems that many of them do not do their homework.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 26, 2008 04:07AM

Simple Living Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2. What have you found to be many newbie's
> biggest mistakes about adopting this lifestyle?

In the newbies first month the goal should be just to stay raw, thats plenty of challenge in and of itself. After that I think the biggest mistakes some newbies make and result in compromised results are as follows:

1) They fail to get the non-raw stuff out of their diet and continue to put it in their mouths. Stuff like condiments, seasonings, chemical salt, sweeteners, and anything else that isn't truly raw.
2) They fail to get the transitional foods and practices out of their diets. Especially problematic is foods that aren't fresh and are oxidized like some dehydrated foods, smoothies that are hours old, foods that were prepared yesterday, etc. Oxidation zaps nutrients in foods.

I'm not saying they have to get all that stuff out all at once but rather I am saying some of them stop moving forward. It should be an ongoing journey. Forward progress means getting it more right as time goes on and not accepting less, IMO.

Date: February 26, 2008 03:06PM

David, I can tell you care about helping people. It really comes out in your posts. Thank you. Good information to keep in mind.

arugula, Your information is very balanced, I noticed. I look forward to your posts and can see why others do, too.

EZ rider, I appreciate your posts because they usually challenge me a bit and I really like that. As for getting cooked food out of my diet, that won't be difficult. My body has always, almost instantly, accepted healthier changes. I quit drinking softdrinks in 1987 and haven't ever missed them. I tried one last week, just to see how I have changed and I was in pain. The carbonation really hurt my tongue and my throat. I was dancing around trying to breathe! My throat was all sticky and it was just horrible. I haven't eaten fast food in years and never missed that either. I can only think of two things I will truly miss. Carnation Evaporated Milk. I love the stuff. I bought it by the case and use it in everything. The other thing are the jarred banana peppers.

I understand that spices aren't raw, but is there really any harm in using them? I would think spices would make a world of difference in making creative dishes. Cayenne pepper, for instance, is a great blood purifier and helps rid the body of mucus.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 26, 2008 04:12PM

Frederick Patenaude and Doug Graham are two gurus I trust for the basics.

In the beginning don't eat nuts/seeds mindlessly, you may give yourself temporary IBS. Soak them and eat them in moderation.

Experience hunger once a day, it's a good thing.

Say no to yourself once a day. I still have to say no to myself on a regular basis or I can easily start to backslide (and I do) and it's been over a year for me - but it does get easier as time goes on, just the things you have to say no to change.

Understand what commitment is. I learned what a useful thing it could be very late in my life unfortunately. Commitment is what will get you through the days when you start to feel lost or forget why you started this. Use your commitment, you will need it. It will help you step away from that pizza, walk past that toast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2008 04:13PM by Dulset.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: February 26, 2008 04:23PM

Hi simple living,

>2. What have you found to be many newbie's biggest mistakes about adopting >this lifestyle?

Making their diet raw, but not getting a balance. i.e. cutting out reasonably healthy cooked foods and not replacing them with raw foods of similar nutritional value or calories (i.e. certain greens, beans, fortified foods).

>3. What's something you think newbies think too much about?

Dehydrated and/or over-processed 'raw' meals. Expensive to prepare, usually full of fat and all too often, kinda gross and disappointing.

>4. What are your top three recommended resources? (Of any kind: book, product, food, website etc.,)

This website, www.goneraw.com and Angela Stokes' website (her transformation is incredible & inspiring).

>5. If you could give only one piece of advice to newbies, what would it be?

Sprouting.

>7. Who do you think is just a media hooligan, whose advice scares you? Why?

I think most (if not all) of the raw celebs have interesting things to say, but too many seem to be speaking less about fresh food and going off on tangents (cacao, gojis, oils, colon hydrotherapy, fasting and cleanses). Nothing wrong with these subjects, but I'd prefer the emphasis being on motivating people to eat more fresh and organic food.

Date: February 26, 2008 04:54PM

rawnoggin Wrote:
> I think most (if not all) of the raw celebs have
> interesting things to say, but too many seem to be
> speaking less about fresh food and going off on
> tangents (cacao, gojis, oils, colon hydrotherapy,
> fasting and cleanses). Nothing wrong with these
> subjects, but I'd prefer the emphasis being on
> motivating people to eat more fresh and organic
> food.

I agree with this. I look for and try to emulate Raw foodists who are following a path that is as close to natural as possible. For me this means eating foods that are fresh and grown naturally and dosn't come in man made containers and hasn't been altered from their natural state. Also I look for people to emulate that advocate a natural approach in terms of their bodys. For example drinking lots of clean water and high fiber foods to remove toxins from the body.
I just like an easy everyday natural approach as much as possible but I also realize that sometimes its necessary in some circumstances to be more aggressive and when that is the case I try to stay as close to a natural approach as possible. For example if what I'm doing isn't working then I might look at something like water only fasting or anything else that is natural and non-invasive that looks promising. This is my approach to living the raw food lifestyle and dosn't mean that its right for anyone else. Each one of us has to find the path thats right for us as individuals.

Date: February 26, 2008 05:34PM

Dulset, There's a lot of great advice in your post. I took notes. From what I've studied, I'm going to use nuts sparingly anyway, saving them mostly for making meals and sauces with, instead of just eating them directly. During my studies, it seems that nuts are good to have only very sparingly during the initial switch, when your goal is to cleanse. Experiencing a bit of hunger and saying no are great principles I already believe in, so I'm happy to see you agree. I don't believe in starving myself, but being a little hungry can be good at times. (As long as a person is getting a balanced, complete diet when they do eat.)

I'm already committed to this lifestyle. I've always enjoyed making healthier choices and my body has usually adapted quite well. My reasons for this change are solid. With forums like this available for questions and support, I can't see any problems. Thank you very much!

rawnoggin, I appreciate your input! I couldn't argue with a thing you've said. I'm not a dehydrater person. Never did like them. They're bulky, time consuming and, in my opinion, disappointing. I don't like the way dehydrating foods makes my home smell, either.

I'm looking forward to sprouting. I've never done it.

I'm glad to see what you said about the media dominant personalities. I've been watching a lot of videos about them and I see the same thing. I noticed nobody (yet) said any of them are just completely off. All of them have passion and, as long as it's sincere and not image related, I like that. I believe in passion. I believe we all have the passions, talents and gifts that we have for a reason. We're meant to do something with them. I've noticed a few tangents that some of them have gone on, but, if a person educates themselves (and can think for themselves), they'll recognize them, taking them for the temporary enjoyment they are and keep living in balance.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 26, 2008 05:43PM

THAT ALL THE PRODUCTS IN BOTTLES, IN PLASTIC, IN BAGS SITTING AROUND FOR MONTHS, THAT ARE MARKETED AS RAW VEGAN

EVERY MISTAKE NEEDS TO BE MADE TO LEARN. FOR ME IT WAS TRUSTING EVERY RAW FOOD BOOK THAT CAME ALONG SAYING WHATEVER IT WANTED. I KNOW WHAT IS RAW AND NON RAW TO ME, NOW. I KNOW WHAT WORKS AND, WHAT WILL JUST DRIVE YOU CRAVING BACK ON YOUR KNEES TO COOKED FOOD.

GETTING VITAMINS, NUTRIENTS OR MINERALS..ITS SO SILLY.

FRED PATENAUDE, DOUGLAS GRAHAM, ANN WIGMORE

HAVE FUN EAT TRANSITION FOOD, DON'T WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING, JUST ENJOY

I DO NOT HAVE ANY , I AM MY ONLY INSPIRATION ON FRUITARIAN DIET

ANYONE TRYING TO SELL YOU ANYTHING, I QUESTION. I LOOK AT THEIR PROOF. I NEED PROOF OF THINGS, PROVE IT MYSELF OR HAVE A FULL GRASP OF IT, TO BELIEVE IT, I DO NOT BASE MY KNOWLEDGE ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE TELL ME, JUST ON FAITH ALONE.

Date: February 26, 2008 06:11PM

EZ rider, I agree with what you're saying to the point that I think anyone whose chosen to live a raw foods lifestyle has to decide for themselves to what extent their going to take it. With that said, assuming someone has chosen to follow a closely regimented "raw only" program, there's another question that, I believe, must be answered.

How pure is too pure? In an ideal world, I'd want to be as close to 100% clean and pure as possible. But, the fact is, that would cause problems in today's world. Look at Matt Monarch. I love his passion and commitment! But, I think he takes the lifestyle farther than is healthy. He's so pure and clean that he had to leave New Zealand because of the pollution. Pollution is miserable but I don't want to be in the position that I'd have to leave a place for this reason. And, he wears medical tags stating that he doesn't want any drugs administered for any reason. Now, he was single when he made that decision but since he's now engaged/married, and will probably have children, I'm betting he'll change his stance. He couldn't be so selfish as to risk dying and leaving his family behind just so he can keep his body clean and pure.

So the question remains, in case of an emergency, isn't this going a little too far? Eating raw and living foods is a great way to live a preventative medicine lifestyle, but when it comes down to it, should a person be so willing to die for it?

Matt also said that for the first four years, he never ate in raw food restaurants. He remained totally, completely pure in his eating. Once friends of his balanced him out and got him eating in raw food restaurants, he said that his nose begins to run as a result. As much as I'd like to be 100% pure and pass the white glove test with my body, this is too much, in my opinion. I want to live clean to enjoy the rest of my life, not have the rest of my life run by eating raw foods.

Date: February 26, 2008 06:18PM

suvine, Your post is inspiring and should help relieve a lot of stress any newbies might have about starting this lifestyle. And, you're right. If it's not fun and enjoyable, a person will be less likely to stick with it. Great information. I've written down the author's you recommended. Thank you, again!

Date: February 26, 2008 06:36PM

Simple Living Wrote:
> I think anyone whose chosen to live a
> raw foods lifestyle has to decide for themselves
> to what extent their going to take it. With that
> said, assuming someone has chosen to follow a
> closely regimented "raw only" program, there's
> another question that, I believe, must be answered.
> How pure is too pure?

I favor the pure raw lifestyle.
However, I don't have a medical tag and don't plan on getting one as I wouldn't want to bind the hands of people trying to help me in an emergency situation.
My definition of the "pure" raw style extends to the ideal of eating FRESH raw foods that are going to do the most good for my body. I believe simple meals are much easier to digest then recipe meals. I believe that the correct time to eat is when the body signals with a SLIGHT return of hunger indicating that it is ready, willing, and able to receive food. I believe that clean water is the best beverage to hydrate my body. I believe that any heating of foods is not helpful to the nutrients in the foods. I believe that freezing foods causes the cell walls to fracture just like freezing your house plumbing bursts the pipes. I believe that once a food has been opened or cut into it should be eaten as soon as possible to avoid any unnecessary oxidation. I also believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs and I support them in their choices.

Date: February 26, 2008 06:48PM

I favor the pure raw lifestyle.
However, I don't have a medical tag and don't plan on getting one as I wouldn't want to bind the hands of people trying to help me in an emergency situation.
My definition of the "pure" raw style extends to the ideal of eating FRESH raw foods that are going to do the most good for my body. I believe simple meals are much easier to digest then recipe meals. I believe that the correct time to eat is when the body signals with a SLIGHT return of hunger indicating that it is ready, willing, and able to receive food. I believe that clean water is the best beverage to hydrate my body. I believe that any heating of foods is not helpful to the nutrients in the foods. I believe that freezing foods causes the cell walls to fracture just like freezing your house plumbing bursts the pipes. I believe that once a food has been opened or cut into it should be eaten as soon as possible to avoid any unnecessary oxidation. I also believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs and I support them in their choices.

Like Hooked On Phonics, it works for me.

Date: February 26, 2008 06:50PM

That the diet itself is limiting.

I agree with arugula's response here. I think that someone just starting out really needs to watch their intakes to ensure they are eating a wide and varied amount of raw foods and getting the necessary minerals and nutrients etc. Deficiencies are very real, dangerous and they do happen.

The wide array of expensive "equipment."

Gabriel Cousens, [www.fitday.com] and this forum.

Read as much as you can but be always mindful that everyone's experiences are different so you must monitor your responses to certain foods. Some people can eat raw squash... others get sick when they try it for instance.

I don't have a hero and I don't have a mentor. No one is going to know better than me what I need to sustain myself.

Anyone who completely and entirely discounts science.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2008 06:51PM by TheCoconutChronicles.

Date: February 26, 2008 06:58PM

I believe that for a good discussion to occur there needs to be a variety of different opinions so that different points of view can be seen and everyone can form their own opinions. I have found this to be the best raw food forum on the Internet and I enjoy posting here. This is a great forum with lots of good people. I salute everyone involved with this forum. smiling smiley

edit: This post was off subject but I just wanted to say that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2008 07:13PM by EZ rider.

Date: February 26, 2008 08:08PM

TheCoconutChronicles, Thank you so much for responding. I learned a lot of what you said by reading your posts in the forums. It confirms a lot of information I've been taking in. I appreciate your knowledge!

EZ rider Sometimes, it's just gotta be said and this was a good thread for it!

Posted by: shane ()
Date: February 26, 2008 08:26PM

One hype/lie is that simply by eating living and raw foods that all your health problems will be solved, bliss will magically follow, you'll rarely, if ever, be sick, you'll grow younger, all your skin and hair problems will cease, you'll have boundless, unlimited energy, your sleep will be wonderful, you'll glow and be happy, sex will always be fantasic, on and on...

Who wouldn't want all this to be true? But if it were true, then eating 100% raw food 100% of the time would be all the rage. Everyone would do it. Food is not magic. I think it's a lie to believe that food is some kind of elixir. By eating raw, we're simply eating as the human body has evolved to eat. We're eating normally. I believe it's the best way for people to eat at any stage in their lives. But cast your critical eye at anyone who tells you eating a normal diet will somehow make you abnormally uber-healthy. Good health is multi-faceted. It's a combination of eating well, exercising in ways that are gentle to the body, learning how to breathe better, and holding stress at bay are all equally important to eating the perfect diet. Even if such a perfect diet existed.

That's it's all or nothing. If you slip and eat a slice of pizza or drink too many beers with your friends that your body now enters into some abyss. Woe. I say instead, eat well, and when you don't, let it go, crap it out of you, and understand that the human body is amazingly forgiving. When I have lapses, I look at it as if I'd just tripped and now I have a bruise on my shin. I don't look at the bruise on my shin and now think, damn, I have cancer and I'm dying. Same goes with eating a pot of cooked quinoa.

That eating raw, fresh, organic fruits and vegetables is something mysterious and complicated. It's not. It's about the easiest thing in the world, no? Pick up an apple, chew it. Also, I think forgetting to get RDA of vitamins and nutrients over the longterm in is a mistake. Mono eating is great for a limited period of time. But too much of any one food means your body doesn't get the benefits of all the other foods you're skipping. Over the short term, no biggie. Longer term, you weaken your body. Eat a balanced raw food diet. Stay away from too much sugar, fat, and salt. But if you eat some of this poison ocassionally, your body will forgive you.

This website is great. So is goneraw.com, rawtalk.com.

Eat the rainbow.

Many different species of animals. For example, do gorillas kick ass, or what? They only eat raw fruits and vegetables. Pan paniscus, humankind's closest living relative, eats a small amount of meat. I'm not arguing we should eat meat. But it is instructive to know that bonobo chimps do eat meat every now and then. Word. So when you slip out of the raw food light, your body will forgive the dark.

I don't think there are any media hooligans in the raw food movement. Okay, maybe there are. Who knows. There are many who want to sell you their product. But selling product is as old as human civilization. Just don't lie to me. Don't tell me, for example, that cacao and goji berries and maca are going to save the world.

Date: February 26, 2008 08:48PM

That's quite a dose of reality Shane. You bring up a great reminder for people. It's normal to hear the praises of the living and raw food lifestyle from those who are in it. It's easy to praise because it's made amazing improvements in their lives and they look and feel better. I'd be singing those praises, too.

But, your post is a reminder to not romanticize it and think it's the be-all, end-all. I am of the same opinion in that it's just eating. It's going to help me feel better and grow old more healthfully. I don't want my life to revolve around my eating. I'm looking for an eating style that will enhance the rest of my life.

Thanks for the great words!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 26, 2008 09:58PM

The above posts are great. As is so often reiterated, you can't simply eat (or not eat) your way into heaven. Eating is certainly only a slice (a melon slice in my case) of finding balanace in one's own life. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 26, 2008 10:54PM

Thank you for asking this. I LOVE the variety of answers and wisdom that has come up; this is a thread to be bookmarked. I don't have anything new to add, so I won't, except to say--a cup of steamed kale is probably healthier than a cup (or more!) of really raw cashews. So no reason to be dogmatic, just work towards going in the right direction, for everything.

Date: February 26, 2008 11:06PM

Thanks rost0031. I'm not afraid to ask questions, especially in the beginning. I don't care how dumb they are because I figure if I'm wondering about it, there are others who are, too.

The folks here are knowledgeable and have been very patient with my questions. As a result, I really have learned a lot. I'll be going into this new lifestyle maker better decisions than if I'd never found this site.

Date: February 27, 2008 06:02PM

Is FitDay software compatible with Macs?!

Windows is like cooked food for me - a thing of the past, no looking back.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 27, 2008 07:13PM

This is a website (not software) as I believe Fitday is too. You can enter individual foods or whole meals and get a breakdown of carbs/protein/fat and your RDA's...

[www.nutridiary.com]

Date: February 27, 2008 07:15PM

Posted by: Dulset (IP Logged)
Date: February 27, 2008 01:13PM

This is a website (not software) as I believe Fitday is too. You can enter individual foods or whole meals and get a breakdown of carbs/protein/fat and your RDA's...

[www.nutridiary.com]

Thanks for the recommendation. On FitDay it had a buttom that said it was to download the program. I'll take a second look at it. (I'm at work and don't always see everything for what it is some days.)

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 27, 2008 07:30PM

Just do the online version, then it doesn't matter. Yes, you can view it through Safari winking smiley I know there is a PC version, but don't know about a Mac one.

Date: February 27, 2008 07:37PM

They don't have a Mac version of the paid one yet (but they are working on it apparently). I just use the free online version like others here.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Date: February 27, 2008 08:14PM

Ahhh... I see. I did breeze through it a little too quickly. I didn't realize it had an online version. Nice to get the stupidity out of the way early, I guess! Thank you both!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 01, 2008 03:31AM

1. The biggest lie is that "Fruit is evil". Or if not evil, the cause of cancer, candida, diabetes, and every chronic disease known to man.

2. The biggest mistake is not listening to the body. When I started raw, I really didn't know what this meant. As I progressed, I became much more sensitive to what I was feeling in my body, and I was able to change my diet to what felt good for me. So in the beginning, I was making my dietary choices based on what I read, rather than how things felt.

3. Many newbies are in a hurry to get to their ideal diet. I certainly was. I transitioned from SAD to all raw in 6 months. Looking back on this, I think a slower transition may have been much gentler.

4. I like this forum for getting raw foods support and advice. For learning about the basics of the raw lifestyle, [www.rawfoodexplained.com] is excellent. As for a book to help, I would recommend "The Power of Now".

5. Enjoy the journey.

6. Of the raw proponents out there, I like Doug Graham. He is one of the few who is walking the walk.

7. The raw proponents who are selling consumable "health products" that you have to take the rest of your life are all scary to me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 01, 2008 05:43AM

1. What's the biggest hype/lies about eating living and raw foods? (Other than the protein misnomer.)
You can eat any raw foods you like and be healthy
You can eat only fruit and be healthy
Diet alone can make you healthy
Nobody is actually 100% raw
100% raw is too hard to do
100% raw is not necessary
Magic - berries, powders, drinks, etc with acclaimed super powers
All 100% raw foodist must be emaciated
100% raw has to be transitioned into

Cleansing too soon
Believing and acting upon the lies listed under number 1.
Not enough greens and sprouts
Blame self-failure to be 100% raw on something else but themselves
Being afraid of weight loss
Reacting to peer pressure

Raw foods
Gourmet raw food recipes
Detox
Weight loss

Hippocrates Health Institute, Brian Clement, Aliveraw.com
Tree of Life, Gabriel Cousins, Rainbow Green Diet book,
Sapoty Brooks – Australia, Eco eating dvd, book, and chart
Ann Wigmore – many books, wheatgrass and sprouting
Annette Larkins annettelarkins.com
Rhio, Hooked on Raw book
Allisa Cohen, Living on Live Foods – book
Rave Diet DVD
Diet For a New America DVD – John Robins
greenlivingoasis.com

Go to the recourses I listed and don’t get tricked or sucked into those saying a high fruit or all fruit diet is ok.

Dave Wolfe back in 96 but not now.
Ann Wigmore
Sapoty Brooks
Brian Clement
Gabriel Counsins
Annette Larkins
Rhio
They are scientific, have the proper balance, awesome long-term results, no hype.

Doug Graham
He is full of wrong info. He makes up all kinds of contradictory and limiting rules. He is opposite in virtually every aspect to those I listed under section 6.

Bonus question, if you're so inclined. What do you think of the following media darlings? Matt Monarch? David Wolfe? Juliano? Markus Rothkranz? Gabriel Cousens? Are they helpful or are they hindrances and why? Who else crosses your mind?

David Wolfe started off ok back in 96 at which time he inspired me to go 100% raw. But has since seen the “green” of selling sups and is now corrupted by it. The big magic potion salesmen.

elnatural

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables