Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lovin some shea butter.
Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: March 04, 2008 08:36PM

I said I would post of I found any products that helped me with my dry skin problem...I recently found the answer I was looking for! I picked up some Pure Shea Butter from my local co-op and I've been using it for 4 days.

I am addicted to it! My skin looks amazing. The small fine lines I had around my eyes are gone! My face has a healthy glow to it...It works so much better than coconut oil. Also, it seems to help with the puffiness/dark circles I tend to get under my eyes (I'll have to monitor that for a while and make sure its the shea butter thats helping with that).

I've been carrying it around with me everywhere. It even makes my fingernails look shiny!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lovin some shea butter.
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: March 04, 2008 08:38PM

Used to use that for my hair a few years back too. :O)

Date: March 04, 2008 09:02PM

I thought I would never part with my "special" skin products. It was only "the best" for me. Monthly microdermabrasion, expensive Skinceuticals products...Now, I am amazed to find that something natural works better. I am very happy!

Posted by: bostonhill ()
Date: March 05, 2008 04:52PM

I love Shea butter~!! I had a sinus drainage the past week and was blowing my nose like crazy. The only thing that kept me from looking like Rudolph with a red nose was shea butter...I carried it with me too. I had one day of really red,away from home and my shea butter.... then put it on, could feel it working and within an hour I looked presentable again!!!! I agree. Put it in your tub and soak works good too.
Sandy

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 05, 2008 05:41PM

I bought some raw shea butter at my co-op last night based on this thread. $7.98 a pound. I tried it for the first time this morning. It definitely feels nice and I love that its unscented. I picked up the chunk and didn't have to warm it long before I could use it. I love the feeling but it's a little on the oily side. After rubbing it in, I had to use a napkin to get the excess off. When I did, my skin felt instantly better. Two green thumbs up for this stuff!

Date: March 05, 2008 09:18PM

SP, glad you bought it and love it too. It's a good thing cause a pound is going to last you a while!

In a strange way, I kind of like the oily look. It reminds me of my young days (before 4 years of Accutane destroyed my skins' ability to produce much oil).

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 05, 2008 10:32PM

I didn't buy a whole pound, but I got a good-sized chunk of it! Everyone at work kept saying, "What is that? Cheese? You eat something that looks like that?" After I tell them what it is, they change their tune: "Ooh! Can I try?" Cookers. What do you do with them? LOL

Someone mentioned taking it into the bath tub with you. With the oily sheen it has, you'd have to be very careful you don't slip and hit your head! It seems like it would be pretty slick.

Date: March 06, 2008 08:00AM

Oh my gosh I love shea butter... I get mine by the lb at my co op also. Its the only thing I use on my skin and hair now.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables