Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Detoxification Update
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 05, 2008 04:36PM

Dear all,

I am feeling (still) sick as a dog.. I had posted about detox that happens to me almost every month...

This one is not pleasany either. Yesterday I could NOT move from one side to another. My back and legs felt weak like I can't stand up and walk. I could not turn from one side to the other. The kids came home and I could not even turn to say Hi to them. I am unable to eat anything. Head is pounding. The horrible horrible things is the mouth feels so bitter. I feel a constant metallic bitter taste in my mouth. I can't take this. I am unable to even eat a piece of fruit to slow the detox...

I had taken antacids for years and before going raw (80%) exactly one year ago. I have been High (80%) raw for a year now
I read some place that the antacids are heavy metal poison and they come out of the body in detox situation. I don't know if thats what is going on. The thought of any food/ juice makes me nauseous... It is like I have a bitter piece of aluminum in my mouth..

My husband (what a great guy, I am lucky for his support) did everything .. He took care of the three kids, cooked, dishes, laundry, bath for the kids etc etc

But how much can he do? When is this going to end?

Please keep me in your prayers.

Many Thanks

Take care
A Iyer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Detoxification Update
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 05, 2008 04:45PM

I hear you. It must be frustrating. But what are you going to do? NOT eat healthy? NOT pursue your dreams?

-Keep this in mind: You are experiencing what your are experiencing....and through compassion...you will accept it....and have those experiences to share....on behalf of anyone that has to go through what you've gone through.

(not exactly a consolation, but may indeed impart some bravery) winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: March 05, 2008 04:49PM

Dave, Thanks. It does make me feel better when I think that I am preventing cancer, diabetes etc etc by eating healthy. Better to eliminate the heavy metals than keep it inside the body I know... I hope this too will pass.. I am looking for stength and energy.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 05, 2008 04:52PM

thanks for the update. sorry you're still sick. we are pulling for you!

how about trying oil pulling? said to help remove toxins, and since your mouth is where you're really feeling it, maybe it would help you? i know my mouth feels/tastes so much better after oil pulling.

is this illness worse than in past months, or lasting longer? if your condition does not improve or worsens, please seek medical attention.

once the crisis passes, i would attack that heavy metals thing like no tomorrow.

eat tons of cilantro. put big bunches of it in your green smoothies in the morning, make cilantro pesto and toss it over your veggies, etc. cilantro changes the electric charge on intracellular deposits of heavy metals to a neutral state, which relaxes their tight bond to body tissue, freeing them up to be flushed from the body. Studies have shown that levels of mercury, lead, and aluminum in the urine increase significantly after consuming large amounts of cilantro...

take chlorella! this will help facilitate the removal of the metals from the body. chlorella absorbs heavy metals (its often used for treating industrial effluent that contains heavy metals before it is discharged and to recover the bio-available fraction of the metal in the process). studies show high doses of chlorella have been found to be very effective in eliminating heavy metals from the body – from the brain, intestinal wall, muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, and bone.

good luck to you, and i hope you feel a lot better soon...

Date: March 05, 2008 05:01PM

Dear maui_butterfly,

I don't know how to thank you. I had noidea that greens help in heavy metal detox... I will try that once I get better and feel like I can start eating. I am from India and we make a neat Green chutney with Cilantro. We just gring cilantro with green chillies and lemon and some spices. If I am going to eat a lot of cilantro I will skip the harsh spices and green chillies. I can make it mild and eat that.

How can I thank you for this...

God bless you all.
A Iyer

Posted by: pradiata ()
Date: March 05, 2008 07:12PM

I'm sorry your feeling so awful. sad smiley

Fiber is really important for carrying the toxins out of the body. If there's not enough fiber in the intestines then the toxins the liver has filtered out of the blood stream can get re-absorbed back into the body. Psyllium is very good for this if you think you might need more fiber.

Clay is also good for absorbing and removing toxins. I add 1 tsp french green clay to 1 cup water, let it sit overnight, and drink first thing in the morning. This has also helped with bacterias and viruses, too. A lot of people recommend bentonite clay, but my naturopath who taught me about this happens to be French, so french green clay for me! smiling smiley [www.aboutclay.com]

I hope you start feeling better soon. Hang in there!

- Emily

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: March 05, 2008 08:11PM

Hey there, A Iyer. . .

Bless your heart. I understand your concern and discomfort.

If it makes you feel better, I will tell you that when I first began experimenting with "raw" I became VERY sick and had one day when I felt so dizzy and out of it that I thought I was dying. My body let loose with lots of diarrhea and I was shaking and my tongue and lips became swollen and I felt like I had been severely poisoned! I was so scared that I called my husband at work and he came home and took one look at me and took me to the emergency room. And believe me, that was DESPERATION because I would never choose to go to the hospital. Yikes.

They couldn't find anything wrong with me but I continued to feel super sick for days. The doctor there did tell me that my problem was not enough protein! For real. Ha, ha. He said I needed to get a big piece of red meat and eat it. (I didn't do that.)

Anyway, it all did pass and now I am over all that detox and feel the best I've ever felt in my life. Looking back, I know that I had years of gunk and medications and my body was cleaning house FAST.

I like what David wrote. And Dr. Doug says that it is never wrong to do the right thing. So it is in your best long-term interest to just do everything you know to live as healthfully as possible and trust that your body is taking care of itself, even if you don't like the way it is doing it!

Yeah, we would all like for the harmful effects of past habits to be corrected in a day or two. But like Arnold Ehret said, you are on Nature's operating table. And real healing takes time.

So have faith, and know that every piece of fruit you eat is bringing you closer to your perfect state of health, and what a delicious way to go. . . .

Keep us posted. . .

: )

Love,
Julie

Date: March 06, 2008 05:28PM

So here is what is going on today.

About 75% of my energy is back
Still have a mild headache - but hey I am ok with that
Throat hurts a bit - but I am ok with that also

By yesterday afternoon, I felt ok to get a shower.. After that I felt slightly better. I was still nauseated etc., and ate nothing. Just drank some fresh tomato juice. For some reason I crave tomates.

After that I got more rest and this morning, I woke up and my throat still hurts, but headache is better though.

Thanks all for your help for this detox. It was very harsh but shorted than the last one which lasted 10 days.

Many many many Thnaks to all of you.

I ate a small salad this morning, as I craved vegetables (tomatoes) and I out a cilantro dressing. I am going to up my greem smoothies intake also.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 07, 2008 02:12AM

glad you're feeling a bit better.

Lemon water helps the liver deal with toxins and can help relieve the detox process.: a lemon chopped in big chunks, including the skin and seeds - all of it, put into 2 cups of unchlorinated water and refrigerated overnight (or for at least 2 hours).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables