Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing and Timing (Suggestions Please)
Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: March 09, 2008 07:41PM

I absolutely LOVE having my fresh morning juice, usually a citrus mix. However, at night I don't need that same kind of energy kick. I also know that I need/want to add more greens into my routine. I was thinking instead of grabbing fruit, I would try juicing veggies instead. Here's my issue. I don't know if it was a one time thing or what but the first time I had pure, raw, vegetable juice, celery juice to be specific, I spent the last 2 hours at work running to the bathroom in a number 2 sense .... Any suggestions on what to juice later in the evening that wouldn't wreak quite so much havok on me or should I just accept it as a sign that my body needed to get rid of some junk and the celery juice just acted like a catalyst. I'm nervous! Does anyone else have a routine for juicing or even for smoothies in terms of what time of the day it is or do you just make whatever, whenever?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing and Timing (Suggestions Please)
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: March 10, 2008 01:23AM

I only juice for morning or afternoon. After my experience with juices in the evening (unless I'm working late), I don't drink juices in the evening as it gives me too much energy and I cannot go to bed due to the energy rush.

You might want to do blended soups at night if you still want that much liquid. This would not have the intense effect of a juice from my experience.

You might also check by taking drinking a smaller amount of juice and see how that affects you and then drink more/less the following day and see how your body reacts. Start with 6 oz and continue from there.

Good luck. Therese

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables