Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bryan....would you be kind enough
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: June 30, 2006 12:57AM

to share what you might eat in a day. I'm very curious about how you work it. Thank you!

Piano Gal

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bryan....would you be kind enough
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 30, 2006 02:59AM

Yesterday I ate my first meal at 4pm. I normally don't eat this late, but the events of the day led to that.

4pm: 8 pound sugar baby watermelon
7pm: 2 pounds of apricots
After waiting 15 minutes, 2 pounds of nectarines
After waiting 30 minutes, green smoothie with 4 bananas, half cup blueberries, 4 ribs celery (the nectarines weren't that sweet, and barely ripe. The nectarines were the same. Since I felt I hadn't had enough sugar, I added the green smoothie).

The day before yesterday:

Noon: 8 pound sugar baby watermelon
7pm: banana ice cream - 8 frozen bananas thru a champion.

On days I eat fat, it might look like (this was a spring-time meal):

noon: 6 large ataulfo mangos
7pm: romaine wraps with pate and veggie filling.
pate (2 carrots, 2 celery, red bell pepper, 1/4 cup ground sundried tomatoes, 1/4 ground hemp seeds, cilantro)
2 heads of romaine lettuce
1 large cucumber
1 pint of sprouts
I would make a wrap using romaine as the wrapper, pate, sprouts, cucumber as filling.

A winter day might look like:

noon: banana date burritos - 6 bananas, 1 head of romaine, 1 pint of dates
dinner: 1 head of romaine, 1/2 stalk celery with dip - 2 oranges, 4 dates, 4 ribs celery, cilantro, 1/4 cup ground sesame

A fall meal migh look like:

noon: 5 pounds of satsuma tangerines
7pm: 8 persimmons, 1 head of romaine lettuce.

Thank you, Bryan...
Date: June 30, 2006 01:10PM

nt

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 30, 2006 04:02PM

oh my god 6 mangos, 5 POUNDS of tangerines?

I used to envy naturally slim people with superfast metabolisms who could eat whatever they wanted - I don't think I do anymore!

That is some crazy amount of food that you need.

I think it's fascinating, Bryan...
Date: June 30, 2006 04:27PM

This so works for you. It wouldn't work for me at all - and didn't. But I SO appreciate you sharing it. Mostly I appreciate what you offer to this site by way of rock steady, web moderation. Thank you!

PG

Re: I think it's fascinating, Bryan...
Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: June 30, 2006 04:54PM

5 pounds of tangerines is not a lot of food for an entire meal. It's mostly water, anyway.

Yesteray I ate a 16 pound watermelon, though not all at once, of course.

And I am a small person.

To be able to live on predominately juicy fruits takes a clean body, and many people don't have the patience and understanding to get themselves to that point. For most of us, the period of adjustment is a real challenge. I know it has been for me!

But think of the pounds of junk food and soda most people ingest every day. Or, if people are more health conscious, they may drink pounds of water to balance out all the salty, dry, waterless food they eat.

It does take some time to get used to these "new" ways of eating/living, for sure!

smiling smiley

Love,
Julie

Date: June 30, 2006 04:56PM

sunshine79,

I put the daily menu on the day with 5 pounds of tangerines into fitday, and is was under 1675 calories for the entire day (90% carb, 6% fat, 4% protein). I weigh 140 pounds, so this isn't too many calories for a particular day. This means I eat about 12 calories per pound of my weight (1675 calories divided by 140 pounds). How many calories per pound do you consume?

When I was eating cooked foods, I could eat between 3000 and 3500 calories a day.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 30, 2006 06:14PM

Oh right, no I mean I know your diet works, I was just shocked by the volume of food. Me being a raw foodist who eats very little fruit, my idea of the raw food diet has been a couple salads a day, some vegetables and some nuts, seeds - maybe an orange or something - basically not any large volume of food (though prob the same calories, as I eat fats, nuts, seeds). I was very amused by the vision of a 5 pound bag of tangerines for lunch.

Yeah from reading the posts on this site it seems there are 2 main types of raw foodists - the mostly-fruit people and the mostly-vegetable people. Everyone has to figure out for themselves what works best for them.

Posted by: geneticpromise ()
Date: June 30, 2006 06:20PM

Hi, Bryan -

Just out of interest and concern - so much sugar! Have you considered getting a glucometer and checking your blood sugar after eating all that sugar? I'm concerned about your diabetes risk..

Geneticpromise

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: July 01, 2006 05:07AM

Bryan,

i like your plan. it's much like mine, except
i eat my greens whole and with torn nori sheets.

i like breaking my morning fast after noon, sometimes
not til 2 or 3.

do you prefer the baby watermelons over the large kind?

thanks for sharing your beautiful ways with us.

Date: July 01, 2006 06:03AM

Hi Fruitgirl,

I prefer the larger seeded red watermelons, but they don't seem to be available this week in my area (though they were last week). However, these sugar babys were pretty good!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables