Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

thoughts
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: March 14, 2008 07:10PM

I came to believe that many problems we have as raw-foodist are the result of eating commercial fruits and vegetables.

I got many witnesses of that from the posts I read here and also from my own experience. Just an example: is it not curious that I get stomach pain with a single grain of store-bought grape while I can eat basketfuls of organic, garden grown grapes without the slightest discomfort?
I could tell countless stories like that.

That's probably why rawfoodist living in tropical or semi tropical climates, with free access to organic fruits and vegies all-year long, have more chances to thrive with raw.

It doesn't mean it is not worthy to try, though. It is just more tricky.

just my thoughts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: thoughts
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 15, 2008 02:46AM

To verify your theory you'd have to take a double blind test with an identical strain of fruit grown under very similar conditions (location, water, weather) aside from conventional vs. organic. Neither you nor the tester would know which fruit was organic and which wasn't. Then you'd know for sure that it wasn't your mind playing tricks on you.

I have had no such discomfort.

The thrive vs. not thrive problem is more a problem due to which foods are being chosen. I think the number one reason for failure is insufficient calories. Number two is inadequecies in particular micronutrients. A third possibility is intolerance/allergy.

First make certain your intakes are adequate and that you don't have intolerances.

Re: thoughts
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: March 17, 2008 02:19AM

I was thinking more ripeness and vitality rather than organic - sorry if I didn't explain correctly. Garden fresh veggies and fruits have something more to them, something we can't measure nor test in a laboratory. Products are not the same even if they are the same, you know ?

love,

Cynthia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables