Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2008 05:23PM

Hello,

I love juicing fresh organic greens. Usually I juice kale, watercress, arugula, dandelion leaves and burdock root. Then I throw in some celery/apple.

Recently I have been reading that bitter greens like kale, dandelion exc. should be used sparingly.

What is everyones thoughts on the matter?

By using those greens is it harmful for my body? how much should I use? Should I just be juicing apples, celery, cucumbers instead?

Thank You,

organic_dylan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 21, 2008 06:54PM

Those are just opinions...do what you feel is right. I haven't heard of any proof of too much kale being bad for you--though you may feel at a certain it is too much, which makes sense since through juice or are able to consume a lot than you could normally. I feel great having these juices. Maybe I wouldn't if I had a lot more every day.

Varying your greens is a good idea--but I wouldn't worry about greens as a class per se, without reason.

Re: Juicing
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: March 21, 2008 07:08PM

Hmmm I would be asking how much is too much in the first place?? I agree with rost0037, "...do what you feel is right" since everyone will have their own opinion anyhow. :O)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables