Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do you 'break' your Dry Fast?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 20, 2008 11:50PM

Let's face it, we all Dry Fast for different periods of time each night. I find that 16 hours is working for me right now. I'm not sure it's best to break with solid food, even Juicy Fruit. Dean Pomerleau breaks with several cups of Herb Tea w/Lemon. I looked through Tonya Zavasta's book "Quantum Eating", but it's not clear how she 'breaks'. Does anyone know? I've been breaking with 2 to 3 ounces of Wheatgrass Juice diluted with a little Water. It 'feels' right to me.
Now my question to you is....How do you 'break' your Dry Fast? This is important......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you 'break' your Dry Fast?
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 20, 2008 11:55PM

a little bit of citrus juice in the morning feels right to me...

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: March 20, 2008 11:57PM

I generally have that 16 hour gap myself and break it with just water usually. Then onto solid food maybe an hour later.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: March 21, 2008 12:21AM

agua por favor

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 21, 2008 12:51AM

That's odd. I often feel that liquid first thing makes my stomach too "sloshy". I often make a green smoothie and pack it to bring to work for breakfast while I munch a piece of fruit in the kitchen first thing. Am I the only one preferring not to start the day with liquid?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 12:52AM by frances.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 21, 2008 12:59AM

With orange juice.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: March 21, 2008 03:47AM

About one cup of water warmed in the kettle poured into the juice of one hand-squeezed lemon, followed by more water.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 21, 2008 06:00AM

Today I broke my 16 hour dry fast with 4 navel oranges and 10 pixies tangerines.

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: March 21, 2008 12:23PM

orange juice or water...

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: March 21, 2008 07:22PM

WY,
As you know, for years I've been breaking my overnight fast with either citrus or melon... never less than twelve hours since I've last eaten. And while I very seldom juice, for the past couple weeks I've been drinking carrot/celery juice nearly every morning before eating my fruit as I've felt a need to increase my fluid intake although I don't know if or for how much longer I'll continue that practice. My body will tell me what it wants.
rawne

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 21, 2008 08:30PM

After 18 hour dry fasting I usually break it with a veggie juice.
The other day that I did a 37 h dry fasting I had a fruit juice (orange,tangerine,lemon) and that was very good,I felt fine.
Or another day I did a smoothie with spinach,mango and bananas and that was excellent.
I believe that a veggie or a fruit juice is a good way to break the fast,and I also agree with Rawne that my body will tell me what it wants.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables