Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Acid fruits
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: March 22, 2008 03:05AM

Hi,

Just a couple of weeks after I went raw, I discovered that I couldn't eat very acid fruits just like that because they burn my tongue so much. Never had this before, hell I didn't even know they was such a thing as fruit acidity.

At first I was a little discouraged about it but then I thought that my mouth is better of burning to tell me I'm eating fruits that are too acid than just eating them and not knowing.

However, I'm now unable to eat a small tomato alone and even had some burning while eating a mango this evening. I even have trouble putting kiwis in my salads, they still burn my tongue.

I had some pineapple last week that didn't burn and the label said it's picked ripe from the three to be more sweet. I was glad some growers still wait for the fruit to be at his best before cutting it from the three.

Any of you guys have problems like that on acid fruits? What do you do to help? I have no problem reducing or eliminating fruits that my body doesn't want, but kiwis are a good source of zinc and tomatoes a good source of sodium I think. I also heard that tomatoes and celery are the main source of sodium on a raw food diet, so if I reduce my tomato intake I don't want to have a potassium/sodium imbalance.

Any ideas are welcomed

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acid fruits
Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: March 22, 2008 03:38AM

I have this problem with pineapples and kiwis and such. I now blend them with bananas and eat them as a smoothie. I'm hoping one day to be able to eat them "as is" again.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables