Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

No soup for me
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 06:07PM

OMG here's what hapened on Friday...

As usual I was finding all kinds of excuses to go out and eat Friday evening, but just cooked something for the kids. Some steamed white rice, vegetables and lentils etc., so far ok.. But it was not enough for me and my husband (I just made a small bown of this for the kids only). Before my husband got home I had this BRILLIANT plan to make some noodle soup for me and my husband.

So I made some noodle soup (it is procesed packaged noodles from India like the cup a soup) with potatoes and peas. Now, I had this before although have not had much afdter going High raw about one year ago. It was prepared :fresh" and none of the inredients had gone bad etc. But...

When husband came and we had a large bowl full each. After about an hour I felt unnaturally thirsty and kept drinking water but not too much water. I craved pineapple after that (like I always do at night) and had a very small piece altough I was not suppiosed to (after cooked foods).

About 30 min after that I got serve stomach pain and the next hour and half was sheer hell.

Why did I eat that processed / enriched/ with preservatives/ artificial flavor (you name it) noodle soup?

What happened to my judgement?

why? I suffered and scared my husband and cried uncontrollably. It took me an hour to pull myself and sit down...

So here is the new plan (it is my old plan, just needed to remind myself): If it is packaged I stay away from that stuff. It looks like (duh!) I am very sensitive to colors, preservatives, flavors - artificial stuff.

Take care
A Iyer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No soup for me
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 24, 2008 06:23PM

Some opinions/thoughts:

Without passionate, conscious, pre-made goals that UTTERLY preclude eating poorly...and utterly REQUIRE healthy eating and lifestyles.......a person WILL lower themselves vibrationally to the level of those around them....thinking the are helping them. When in reality, it would be better to be a shining, loving, graceful support.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 24, 2008 07:07PM

Another good strategy is to read the actual ingredients that are in things. There's all that wierd, unpronouncable stuff in there that does not sound like it should even be edible.

Actually, it probably ISN'T edible any more than office paper is edible, it's just in such inconspicuous doses that we don't give it much thought.

Of course, I once ate the program to our jazz band concert in high school on a dare once, but nevermind. I was a strange kid. Not recommended BTW...

-DaveK

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 24, 2008 07:53PM

When I went all raw the first order of business was to get rid of all the foods I was no longer going to eat. Some of them I gave away, some of them went into the garbage, and some went immediately into the toilet. This helped reduce the pull from those foods. My second order of business was to resolve not to put those foods into my shopping basket and not to buy any more dead food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables