Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pots-n-Pans
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 24, 2008 02:48AM

Does anyone who is 90-100% raw still have their pots and pans? I'm going through my kitchen, getting rid of items I don't need anymore. I can't imagine needing my pots and pans for anything.

What kitchen items do those of you who are all raw keep around?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pots-n-Pans
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 24, 2008 03:21AM

I contemplated throwing mine out the other day.

I could conceivably still need ONE pot for tea, and boiling water to mix with agar-agar flakes to thicken sauces for fruit pies I'll make for special occasions.

But my boyfriend might use them. So, I'll let them take up silly amounts of space for now.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: March 24, 2008 10:52AM

I dont have any pots or pans or cooking stuff anymore

I do have pastry type equipment for uncooking-- pie dishes, cup cake things..cutters,glazing brush, piping bags and tips.

Other than that day to day

Board

Knives

Blender

Big glasses

few plates

Thats it, pretty minimal!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 24, 2008 11:58AM

I keep a few of the choice pots and pans - in case I need to cook for others that come over....or use them for planters or serving trays or whatever. The pasta strainer works good as a collander. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: March 24, 2008 01:56PM

I have a 20-something piece cookware set from Wolfgang Puck that I'm very partial to. It's amazing cookware. The problem is, I DON'T cook anymore! I'm having a harder time parting with my pots-n-pans than I am the food I cooked in them!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 24, 2008 02:35PM

Good point.
I look around at my kitchen...at the oven,stove,microwave,toaster oven,Foreman grill,stove hood....and think all of these common appliances are useless to a raw fooder.
I have many pots and pans I intend to give to charity.

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 24, 2008 02:43PM

Just a friendly reminder that if you're gonna get rid of stuff, FREECYCLE IT!

www.freecycle.org

Now back to our regularly scheduled thingy

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 24, 2008 02:57PM

I have plenty of cabinet space, since I don't keep much food around that doesn't live either in the fridge or on the counter. My pots and pans now own one of my least accessible cabinet spaces.

Date: March 24, 2008 04:38PM

Posted by: Itzdavey (IP Logged)
Date: March 24, 2008 08:43AM

Just a friendly reminder that if you're gonna get rid of stuff, FREECYCLE IT!

www.freecycle.org

Now back to our regularly scheduled thingy

I agree and hope people do find ways to give their items away for reuse.

The homeless shelter I volunteer at is a great place to donate items. We help get people into their own apartments (we work with families, mostly) and they always need items to start out with.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 24, 2008 05:40PM

I think it is good to have a few things around for visitors to heat up soup or something.

I will always have a tea kettle and a skillet and a couple pots. I am getting rid of my oven and have bought an antique hot plate to boil water on.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 06:53PM

I still have LOTS of pots and pans. My kids eat cooked dinner and my husband and I eat a small bowlk fll of it.. so for the sake of the kids I need them. But I have't bought any new pots and pans.
Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 08:47PM

This thread got me thinking how much or how little I need: A knife and a cutting board.

I keep meaning to buy a new grater. I bought a plastic spiral slicer (Joyce Chen brand) and couldn't figure out how to use it. I feel like I should have bought a Oxo mandolin instead and maybe I will when I have more money.

I just don't need a kitchen full of equipment. A snazzy blender would be nice, but so far I am doing ok without it.

Pots and pans and baking dishes? No need for them. Lost 'em in the divorce and don't miss them at all. I can eat the way I want now and no one screams at me before during or after. It's beautiful.

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:42PM

I now use mine as mixing bowls (for flax crackers, etc.) :-)

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 25, 2008 02:58AM

I try not to smirk when my roommate yells at me for not cleaning up the kitchen--crumbs all over the toaster, slop all over the stove and microwaves--things I haven't touched in months! (I'm still nice and clean them sometimes. tongue sticking out smiley)

I generate a fraction of the dirty dishes I used to, THAT is GREAT.

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: March 25, 2008 05:39AM

LOL..Phantom..."slop" : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables