Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Changes in oral perception
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 25, 2008 06:59PM

It seems like my sense of taste, sense of smell, and sense of texture in my mouth just keep getting better, better, and better! It's quite exciting. I've also cut back on fats considerably, and am eating mostly fruit.

In my first month of raw (and most of my life), I could easily eat a bag of baby carrots in a sitting. Munch, crunch, and they were gone. I was carroted-out for a while, so I stopped eating them--until I bought a bag the other day. I was fascinated with how much I had to chew on just ONE baby carrot to even consider swallowing. There was so much taste, texture--as I continued to chew, it was like more and more juice just came out. It was good, but I noticed it left me with not quite as much zing as fruit-eating does.

Last night, I decided to treat myself to a nice raw dinner. I bought 2 green and 2 yellow zucchinis, and made noodles on the greater. The richness in flavor and differences between two types of zucchini BLEW ME AWAY! I can't describe, other than say they tasted like green and yellow zucchini respectively, but I am so much more AWARE of just how different those two zucchinis are. I never noticed before. I couldn't notice. I made a sauce of blended tomatoes, herbs (basil, oregano, parsley), and garlic--and was totally stuffed halfway through. In my earliest transition, I could have wolfed that down and felt kind of sad there wasn't any more. Again, the addition of veggies to a fruit regime also left me with a heavier feeling. Maybe it was the starchiness?

The other night, I was also eating a very majestic batch of plums. They were so ripe and juicy--they just exploded in my mouth, and I noticed a keen difference between the sour taste of the skin (like Japanese plum flavor), and the sweetness of the flesh. The texture of the two together, with differences in sweet and sour and levels of moisture and chewiness were the most divine compliment, and I have to say, I've never experienced plums so fully before! I've never noticed so much!

And maybe it sounds corny, but I also had a nectarine that was so delicious, for an instant it was like I felt a flash of the tree and where it grew in my mind. Insane?! Metaphysical?! Raw?! Who knows!

What a joy this has all been... who knows what I'll be tasting a year from now!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changes in oral perception
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 25, 2008 07:55PM

Wow!!
Thats very interesting.
I do think as we eat more and more raw,our taste buds re-orient themselves to think fruits and veggies taste great.
When you eat SAD,I think your taste buds get way out of whack,and you think most veggies taste terrible.

Its getting thru the transition is what I believe is most hard for people.
It is for me.

Re: Changes in oral perception
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 25, 2008 08:04PM

I have the exact experience. I can taste a lot of individual tastes in any food.. Lots of cooked foods that I once enjoyed taste real gross now. The other day I went to a potluck dinner with SAD eaters (but vegetarian) and this woman brought a home made cake and she said she made it with no dairy. She said she put enriched flour, some oil, sugar, coco powder etc and I taste it. It was terrible. I could actually smell the oil and the baked flour (processed) and did not enjoy!!! I threw it out when teh lady was not lookingsmiling smiley)

So I have a very enhanced sense of taste and smell. I juice fruits and eat them raw and love that!!!

Take care
A Iyer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables