Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fridge?
Posted by: mindy_r ()
Date: March 26, 2008 11:52AM

hi,

just a quick question, how long can i put a smoothie in the fridge? can i even put it in the fridge for later? i made maui_butterfly's cucumber dill soup the other day thinking it was what i wanted but unfortunately after it was made (and tasted - it was VERY good, thank you for the recipe!!) i really didn't want it. i have a cold right now and no appitite! it was 2 days ago, and i don't know if it is still good, because every time i open the fridge i smell cucumbers and it smells so good! i am hoping to feel like eating soon!

thanks for your input!

have a great day,

mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fridge?
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 26, 2008 12:23PM

hahahaha... glad you liked the soup. i've had that experience where i've whipped up a big batch of something to suddenly realize "i don't want this right now..." OH THE GUILT! smiling smiley

i put smoothies, soups, etc. in a tall insulated thermos and stash it in the fridge. if it is not consumed in 24 hours, out it goes. some people will say 45 minutes is the max. (i figure they must not pay maui prices for food! lol.)

Date: March 26, 2008 12:26PM

thanks! i had it in a stainless steel bowl (i am not sure if that is ok!). i guess that it will go out. sad smiley that is sad because it was really good, but i forgot the pepper and i think that would make it even better! at least i can make more later today if i am feeling better!

thanks again,

mindy

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 26, 2008 02:41PM

I made a HUGE batch of yummy zucchini pasta two days ago that I didn't get to finish last night. *Bummer.* I'll have to sadly dispose...

Date: March 26, 2008 03:51PM

sad smiley i hate to throw away food

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 26, 2008 04:04PM

feed it to the earth, compose is the opposite of wasteful!

Date: March 26, 2008 04:15PM

where i live there is a "green bin" program so i am pretty sure that it is getting composted. unfortunately i live in an apt and cannot compost myself. i really like the green bin though!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables