Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trouble with oranges?
Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 27, 2008 05:15PM

I've been eating oranges all winter. Not excessively. I did a three day mono-orange when they first came into season, and since then I've been eating an average of one or two a day. For the last couple of weeks, though, I've been noticing that I'm not enjoying oranges at all, and they give me headaches.

Have others experienced this? Is it just a sign that the season is turning and I should start looking for the spring fruits?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trouble with oranges?
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: March 27, 2008 05:17PM

i've been told i'm intolerant to oranges. apparently it's common. i was tested by a kineseologist.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: March 27, 2008 05:29PM

Maybe your body is telling you "Enough oranges for now!"

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: March 27, 2008 05:46PM

Oranges used to sometimes trigger migraines for me before I was 100% raw. I'm happy that I've never had that problem once I was fully raw for a long time. Don't give up on oranges, just maybe take a break and come back to them when you are craving them in the future.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXO

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 27, 2008 05:47PM

Right. We ARE entering the end of the season here. I do know that my own taste / tolerances change seasonally. Can't take a bite of watermelon out of season...but then one day...all of the sudden..BAM. The stuff is good again.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 27, 2008 06:09PM

Its interesting how the body lets us know when it has a need or not for a particular food. Have you ever noticed how when you eat your first bite of something if your body wants it it will taste absolutely great and you will desire another bite and another until your body has had enough. This is particularly apparent when mono eating. When the body is satisfied it stops desiring the food. All we have to do is pay attention and the body will help us figure out what to feed it.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 27, 2008 06:58PM

Peaces out of season always strike me as most foul.

I would ease up on the oranges and wait until further instructions from yourself. =)

Date: March 27, 2008 07:05PM

phantom, I agree, but I would also suggest that peaches out of season really are most foul - it isn't just your seasonal tastes. They just never ripen well when they're picked way too early, which they always are when they aren't seasonal.

Date: March 27, 2008 07:23PM

Well, I'm ready to give up oranges for now. I can look forward to another lovely season of oranges next year. If my bad reaction has anything to do with where I am on my raw journey, as Lee_123 suggested it might, then maybe I'll get even better / longer lasting enjoyment out of them next year! I'm about eight months in right now, but still not at 100%.

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: March 28, 2008 02:27AM

To me the only thing yuckier than peaches out of season are tomatoes...blechhh!

Like others have said, our body will tell us what it needs if we just tone down all the extraneous (and self-imposed) rhetoric and LISTEN.

What a concept!!

~lanie

"Beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing lies a field. I'll meet you there." ~Rumi

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: March 28, 2008 03:55AM

Ive been averaging 10 to 12 oranges a day and have had as many as 15 and i feel GREAT! Oranges are great cleansers too.
Rob

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 28, 2008 06:31AM

Oranges are still feeling good to me here in California, but I've had some navels from one farm that were past their season recently. Fortunately, navels from other farms are still going strong.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 28, 2008 07:49AM

I like Oranges but I like Honey Tangerines even better. I just love the burst of flavor that happens when I chew into a couple of segments. I like the way the thin peel on the tangerine comes off so effortlessly. And I like to chew up the seeds that come as a part of the Honey Tangerine. Does anyone know if the Honey Tangerine seeds have some of the same healing properties thats its citrus relative the Grapefruit seed has ?

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: March 28, 2008 12:43PM

I just started juicing valencias now that they're FINALLY in stores around here. The navels and other oranges were just doing nothing for me. I had to mix different kinds to at least get some taste out of it. Navels especially taste dead and flat, even at the beginning of the season. Now that the Valencias are out, I remember what was so great about orange jiuce!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables