Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

question about digestion. too quick?
Posted by: Walkern ()
Date: March 31, 2008 03:48PM

I have about 2-4 bowel movements per day generally depending on how much I eat.

I ate only 2 very small oranges yesterday and had a very small bowel movement later.
The next meal was today roughly after about 24 hours. It was about 2kg mono meal of kiwis. And I had a bowel movement about 4-5 hours later and to my surprise it was green and had some kiwi seeds. I don't drink or snack between meals. Shouldn't it digest a bit slower? Is it a good or bad sign?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2008 03:48PM by Walkern.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question about digestion. too quick?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 31, 2008 04:05PM

Digestive systems vary. In general (my opinion) the faster the better. So you are good! No worries eh? What are you going to do....NOT eat kiwi because it shoots through you too quickly? LOL. As long as it stays sub-sonic......you can avoid the boom.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: question about digestion. too quick?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 31, 2008 08:22PM

Thats great !
I agree with DZM, not to worry.
Fruit digests quickly and has good natural un-cooked fiber. If your GI tract is open and clear the food can move right through. The un-cooked fiber gives the peristalsis something to get a hold of, unlike cooked fiber that has been turned to mush like for example a cooked carrot. Think of those people who don't move something through for days - their all backed up and absorbing toxins from the waste the entire time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables