Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making the Change (again)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 01, 2008 02:53AM

Well, about 5 yrs. ago I switched to a mostly raw food diet and while I didn't do it long enough to really get the results I would have liked I was able to stick with it for a summer, until the fresh produce became more scarce. I felt really good on the diet and (I understand this is a vegan board) but while I was doing this I was living on a farm and had a milk cow and chickens and was eating raw milk and eggs.
I felt so great when my diet was mostly watermelon. But you know, cooked food is so addictive (and good). Even though I know it isn't the best I realize there are worse things a person can eat than beans and cornbread and turnip greens. If I try to go into this thinking I can give up certain foods beause they are cooked I know I will be setting myself up for failure. For one thing, my husband is a big time steak eater, my children (all four of them) eat cooked foods and I can't see them jumping on the bandwagon.

I want to try the mostly raw diet again but I'm a little apprehensive because I know it is a big change.

1. Can I switch to raw while breastfeeding? I have a 9 month old.

2. What can I do to stay on track when the cold weather gets here and there is virtually no fresh produce?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making the Change (again)
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 01, 2008 11:14AM

I hear you MCM. Some thoughts / opinions: Don't change your lifetime diet....just waiting around for 'results'. Results are a story that may or may not come. Judge yourself on the quality of your OUTPUT and your CHOICES. What I mean is: if YOU are 100% clear on what YOU think are the highest foods and practices (this is the hard part) and then are DOING something small every day to reach those goals....and are living your passion....then the results will come. And even if they don't....you ARE living your passion - and accepting whatever consequences arise because of that. You can accept fears, anxieties and obstacles....ONLY when one has the passion and friendliness that can ACCEPT those things. Pain and anxiety cannot accept MORE pain and anxiety! LOL.

-Be clear on what YOU want. If you think cooked food is good....and good for you and your goals...then eat more of it. If you decide healthier foods are NECESSARY for you....then choose small goals in that direction and be happy.

-Yes. You can still make the small changes in process toward raw while breastfeeding. Avoid sudden or large changes to limit detox during this time. Larger changes can come later.

-There is ALWAYS fresh produce....even in the dead of winter....ANYWHERE. Eat what is available.....what YOU think are the highest foods...and be happy.

-What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Making the Change (again)
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 01, 2008 12:21PM

I think it might be easier to try and add raw to your diet gradually rather than think you have to CHANGE. I know what its like to be surrounded by meat eaters but I find that I can happily sit down to a MASSIVE salad while those around me are eating meat and all the trimmings. My partner often tips a bit of salad onto his plate and I just quietly note that and smile to myself.

I wouldn't make any drastic changes while you are breastfeeding but like I said just add in lovely raw goodies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables