Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I almost fainted in shower today (re: scars disappearing)
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 30, 2008 09:03PM

So I am a pretty confident person, but in the back of my mind sometimes I used to think, "I would be more beautiful if I didn't have these scars." I have a couple unsightly scars from getting moles removed by a general practitioner 6+ years ago. Mind you, I've been vegan for over 5.5 years, with lots of vegetable and fruit consumption and omega 3s, etc.

Well, I was in the shower today and I was thinking of how my face had broken out for what I think is my second detox, but my complexion still looks more radiant than with cooked, and then my mind went to my back and how it hasn't broken out in a month or so and I used to get pimples here and there (not that I won't again, just speaking of present). Then I looked to my left shoulder/back and I noticed one of my raised hard red scars that has been the same for about 5 years is shrinking and SOFTER! I then checked my right shoulder. The one there is almost gone! The ones in front are shrinking a little bit, but those ones aren't pink like the other two were (now only one is).

I almost cried! Can you believe it? I didn't really expect this. Clearly, there is a difference between consuming vegetables in their cooked versus raw form.

I've been mostly or all raw for 3 months.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I almost fainted in shower today (re: scars disappearing)
Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: March 30, 2008 09:12PM

Sounds great, keep up the good eating! Hopefully I will experience better skin too.
Hurray for raw.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 30, 2008 09:21PM

I had a wart on the index finger of my left hand that left a raised hard disc shaped scar about 1/4 inch in diameter when it healed after picking at it about 10 years ago. Since going raw the scar has been softening and is no longer raised and the color is slowly returning to normal (from red). It is hard to detect now unless you know it is there and look closely. It is continuing to disappear and I am very pleased with the progress. This has to be a benefit of the raw foods as the scar just sat there for many years until I went all fresh raw and I have done nothing special to the area.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 30, 2008 09:47PM

UL, that's really beautiful and inspiring! I still have some scars, too, but I have come a long way and I know that raw is better for them and the rest of my skin, too.

I went to the beach yesterday without sunscreen and I am totally convinced that it was only through the grace of my diet and that buildup of protective carotenoids, etc. in my skin that I did not burn.

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 30, 2008 10:05PM

fantastic! very exciting

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: March 30, 2008 10:08PM

wow! that is so cool!

you should get some photos online :-)

Date: March 30, 2008 10:42PM

rawnoggin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you should get some photos online :-)

Thanks, everyone! smiling smiley

I don't really want to do any before and after photos of scars or what a person could deem an imperfection because I think focusing on supposed flaws is unhealthy and our flaws are sometimes what make us beautiful.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 31, 2008 12:36AM

I like the idea of photos, because it means preserving the evidence for others that might benefit from it. Raw food transformations sound often so ubelievable, don't they? smiling smiley

Thanks for sharing!!!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2008 12:36AM by rawgosia.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 31, 2008 01:23AM

That's so nice. I love to hear personal success stories - or even personal TRYING to be successful stories! smiling smiley Power to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 31, 2008 06:15PM

Wow thats wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Take care
A

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 31, 2008 10:23PM

that's amazing. its cool when you think that the body has prioritized all of its healing projects for you, and has accomplished so many of them (most unbeknownst to you) that it now has time to tackle something as relatively insignificant to its healthy functioning as scar tissue. think of how healthy your internals must be for scar tissue to make the current TO DO list! smiling smiley

good for you! you deserve a lot of credit for taking such excellent care of yourself.

Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: April 01, 2008 07:36PM

wow...hope that happens with me, my legs are all scarred up and gross from shaving...which i don't do anymore!

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: April 01, 2008 07:40PM

nadia, I have scarred legs from shaving too! In due time I'm sure the body will heal them...but after the internal stuff smiling smiley

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: April 02, 2008 09:30PM

Utopian Life that is awesome!

I almost fainted in the shower too the other day for similar reasons. Acne scars on my back (from the past 3-4 years if even) are starting to disappear. AND...the usual clump of hair that catches in my drain catch after every shower has been replaced with almost nothing. (My hair is just past shoulder length.) This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now. Usually if I go a couple of days without washing hair to give it a break there is a huge clump. I tested it again and almost nothing but a few strands - maybe 5?

I am finding this hair thing almost unbelievable. Has anyone else noticed less hair loss?

I noticed that the single biggest difference for me seems to come from avoiding all grains in any form whatsoever. As a matter of fact, my body's response to grains is so intense that I cannot deny how "evil" they are for me.

Patty

Date: April 02, 2008 09:38PM

Yes, I am losing less hair, too, but I never had clump issues, just the normal/natural hair loss.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables