Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Heavy metal detox spice shaker
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: April 06, 2008 03:23AM

So we all know that cilantro will detox heavy metals, but it is so hard to work it into a menu plan. Then I thought about drying it, so I dried it and put in the food processor (stems and all) and broke it up a little and then turned it into a powder in my coffee grinder.

To help mask the taste a little I mixed it with brewers yeast. That wasn't quite right so next I grated and dried a head of celery and added it for a salty flavor. Also powdered garlic and onion, (hubby hates these so I bought them rather than dried them) this made it so mutch better!

So here is what I have in my detox shaker right now:

- Cilantro - detoxed heavy metals
- Garlic and onions - detoxes copper
- Blue green algae - to help absorb/eliminate toxins

- Brewers yeast - helps mask the taste
- Celery - salty flavor

- Dried beets - helps with liver function which is probably important if you are detoxing (it also makes everything pink!)
- Dried cucumber skins - nothing to do with detox, it was just another thing I was trying to work into my menu because of it's silica content and I don't like eating my cucumber with the skins on. The cool thing is that by drying it and then grinding it into a powder I'm probaby increasing the absorbtion rate!.

So my detox shaker works great and I use it whereever I would normally use brewers yeast.

Does anyone have any ideas for other detoxing things that might work well here? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Heavy metal detox spice shaker
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 06, 2008 06:37AM

The best way to detox is to eat only fresh fruits and vegetables foregoing the spices and condiments. In my experience, when I did this, my body went through its deepest detox. In any case, this worked for me, and made a huge difference in my health.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 06, 2008 06:48AM

At some point in my process I stopped using spices and condiments (salt, pepper, vinegar, etc) and this led to to food choices that tasted good without adding any additional flavoring. As you can imagine, this meant that fruit tasted good, as well as a few leafy greens: lettuces, spinach, celery. The rest of the vegetables were not that interesting without the addition of spices and condiments, especially if I were eating a meal of just that vegetable.

What this did was allow my taste buds to direct my food choices, rather than what my mind thought were healthy and good choices. This ended up cutting out a lot of foods I was previously eating from my diet.

Over time, I would allow myself to indulge in the gourmet raw foods. But when I do, there is always some detox (mucus, smells of the spices coming out my skin) to pay for this indulgence.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: April 06, 2008 04:42PM

This is more like a long-term, homemade cleanse that is really easy to add to foods throughout the day, rather than "condiments".

One thing I forgot to add - magnetic clay!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables