Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Diet FAQ
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 13, 2008 03:15AM

Hi, my son is getting into this new raw food thing. The problem is that we live in Peru and all he is eating right now for the most is
During bkfast water with lime a liter, papaya juice a liter
for lunch he is having a salad made of half a romaine lettuce, half an avocado and a tomato. Also he eats some seaweed every now and then. for dinner he is having the same as lunch, plus he eats for snacks mandarins, bananas, pineapples, oranges, apples, etc, one of any of these every 3 hours or so.

My question is wether he is having the appropiate nutrients or not.???? he is having some counceling from a book called "the sunfood diet succes system" by david wolfe, I don't think he is eating all the needed nutrients, plus he is starting to get thinner and thinner everyday.

I would appreciate so much any advice, so my son can take and start eating what he really needs,
thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Diet FAQ
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 13, 2008 09:37AM

You can use an online calculator like the pantry at nutritiondata.com , fitday.com, or the cron-o-meter at spaz.com (which also requires java download) to work with him making sure he meets his vitamin, mineral, essential fatty acid, and essential amino acid needs. I meet my needs with my food except for B12 and D; I take pills for those. My diet is pretty heavy in greens, though, which makes it easier.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 13, 2008 04:48PM

Great sites, thank u, but my question was, if what I;m eating is enough, discarting the needs of B12 and protein, wich I''ll soon take with supplmenets.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 13, 2008 05:05PM

you'll find, if you enter your intake into nutritiondata.com or fitday.com, that you are getting plenty of protein on the raw foods diet and probably do not need to supplement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables