Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida and Raw Foods
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 13, 2008 04:57PM

I have candida which causes a lot of stomach bloating . On a regular day I look about 3 months pregnant. Im not fat anywhere else. I was going to start the candida diet which restricts a lot of fruits and vegatables becasue of the sugar content. Then I came across this website which promotes raw fruits and vegetables. Now Im confused. I like the idea of eating raw but how will the increase of fruits and vegetables affect my Candida which Im trying to suppresss?

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candida and Raw Foods
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 13, 2008 09:51PM

I have gotten UTI's on a regular basis and for a while would succumb to the antibiotics / candida meds cycle, but lately haven't had much trouble because I would do a cranberry flush, and that would take care of the UTI. Then, a couple of weeks ago I got another one and the flush didn't work. The infection spread to my kidney (not fun!), and I had to take a strong antibiotic. I thought, oh great, here comes a yeast infection, because I always get them badly whenever I take antibiotics (one of the many reasons I try to avoid antibiotics). So I stuck to 80% raw, not too many friuts, loaded up on probiotics (capsules, kombucha and miso) and lots of raw garlic. NO YEAST INFECTION!!! The book Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens talks about candida and he says too much fruit can contribute.

Re: Candida and Raw Foods
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 13, 2008 10:36PM

toobloated,

You've stumbled across a great place and a truly amazing way to eat! If you have time, go to the search engine and look up candida. There have been many discussions about it over the years.

As for how you can consume fruits and veggies and not have a problem with candida, from what I've read you can eat a lot of fruit as long as you don't have a lot of fat in your bloodstream. So, you couldn't eat high fat for one meal and expect to not have a problem when you consume fruit later that day or even the next day. A book that explains it well The 80/10/10 Diet by Dr. Douglas Graham.

Welcome to the raw food world and I hope you look into this way of eating! You'll be amazed at what it can do for your body, mind, spirit, and emotions!!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi Dee
(you can check out my site where I also tell about my journey to raw: www.purejeevan.com)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables