Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fresh dill
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: April 15, 2008 04:29AM

I bought fresh today for the first time since I started eating raw food and I'm impressed.

It reminds the smell and taste of those dill pickle chips and it will for now on be a great addition to my salads.

It also smells so good. It's refreshing to discover new tastes and smells on the raw food diet everyday!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fresh dill
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 15, 2008 09:15AM

yeah I love dill and it's very easy to grow. you might also like to try summer savory and margoram. They are lovely added to salads

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 15, 2008 01:51PM

>>>It's refreshing to discover new tastes and smells on the raw food diet everyday!<<<

Isn't it! I had lost my sense of smell for about eight years and it came back after a month of raw. It just kept getting stronger and stronger and now smells and tastes of raw are so addictive for me. When I smell things like cucumber, bell pepper or fresh cut greens a feeling washes over me, it is hard to describe.

Posted by: javacado ()
Date: April 15, 2008 04:24PM

I was also suprised at the taste of fresh dill. I started an organic garden recently with lots of different herbs also, and they are wonderful. This is the first time I have ever had fresh summer savory. It is a new favorite. I am really loving cilantro, especially on anything I use tomatoes with.

Posted by: hemp0la ()
Date: April 16, 2008 02:44AM

Yum. I can't find dill (weird!) but I bought dill seeds. I made a salad of cucumber, white onion, dill seeds, orange juice and raw almond butter. Delicious!

Posted by: ambaryarena ()
Date: April 16, 2008 02:52AM

This is so funny! My mom just put dill on our salads last night and I was like, "Oh my GOD! What is that?!" It tasted fabulous. I just haven't had it in a long time so I didn't recognize it...Great suggestion for the salads, though!

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 16, 2008 03:34AM

fresh dill is a staple in my house. i like it blended up with soups (cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, dill, and lemon juice is one of my favorites) or tossed with some olive oil and lemon juice and fresh pepper over zucchini and/or cucumber noodles. yummy!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2008 08:19AM

hi sebzzz

i have to agree with u

dill is pretty special in my book

a very unique fragrant and subtle but unmistakable taste ( that is perpetuated mostly by the way it works the olfactory factorysmiling smiley

great to use it in salads

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables