Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

looking for low-key raw retreat
Posted by: Alena ()
Date: April 15, 2008 08:19PM

Can anyone suggest a place to stay where raw meals and juices are readily available, but otherwise one is left alone? I am not interested in programs, classes, crowds etc. I do not mind helping in the kitchen, but I would like not to have to shop and plan meals. If this is in the area where one can go hiking in the mountains that's a big plus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: looking for low-key raw retreat
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 15, 2008 08:45PM

Alena,

I have planned a raw food spiritual retreat at an ashram near Pittsburgh, PA. It's going to be very peaceful, but there will be some optional programs (yoga, meditation, raw food info, etc.) for those attending. It's scheduled for the end of May. Here's a link if you are interested in finding out more about it:

[www.purejeevan.com]

The ashram and I have done everything possible to keep the cost as affordable as possible, and are not making much of a profit at all. There are lovely mountains/parks near the ashram, which are absolutely beautiful.

If you are interested in a more solo experience, I can try to plan something like that for you at the ashram if you're interested. You can email me: WendiDee *at* purejeevan *dot* com.

I hope you can find a retreat that meets your needs! I know how special and important it is to get away when the spirit is calling for it.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 15, 2008 09:57PM

Will you have future retreats in the same area? That's actually something I can afford, and if I go back to the states for any period of time, it's not too far from home.

Date: April 15, 2008 10:57PM

Hi Phantom,

I love hearing that it's affordable for so many people. That was our main goal, other than having a place for people to get away. We actually have a second retreat scheduled closer to the end of the year, but it probably won't be taking place. My family and I have decided to move, and we are relocating to California. We're actually thinking of going cross-country in an RV (!!). We have no idea of the exact date that we'll be leaving, so there's still a small chance that the second retreat will happen.

Anyway, I won't be scheduling any more at that particular ashram, unless I come back for a visit in the future and have the time to put one together. It actually takes a lot of time to put it together; it's fun, but a lot of work.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

p.s. there's an online place to search for other retreats, if mine doesn't interest someone: www.retreatfinder.com :-D

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 16, 2008 02:20AM

It's cheaper than a Vitamix! :O

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2008 09:01AM

HA HA.. oh my gosh... how funny phantom!

HI Gypsy Ardor! checked out your website and read your stories

i think its soo cool the changes you and your family has made

BRAVO!!

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: April 16, 2008 12:32PM

I agree with La_V! ANd crack up over Phantom! Funny, and true. I would love to do this, the timing won't work though. It is coming so fast! I also read that this is going to be the only one that is at this price, which really makes me want to do it. I just can't get there then though, unfortunately - it looks wonderful. Great job on transforming your whole family!

Date: April 16, 2008 02:47PM

Phantom, I just laughed so hard the cats freaked out. ROFL

Thanks for the sweet comments, la_veronique and veggiefreak! :-D

Sorry the timing won't work for you, veggiefrak. It wasn't meant to be, then. ;-) The ashram is always there, however, for anyone to visit. Just let Leela Mata know that I sent you and you prefer to eat raw foods, and she'll surely save a space in the fridge and kitchen for anything you want to bring. Plus, if you go during the summer, she's more than likely going to offer fresh veggies from the garden, or fruits from the trees she has planted on the property. It's a lovely, lovely place! It's affordable, too, especially since it's still under development. You won't feel uncomfortable or out of place, either. When you are there, it feels like home!

If you think anyone you know would be interested in the retreat, please pass the info along to them. This is all new to me and I'm not very good with marketing, yet. We have people registered, but we still have more room, too. :-)

Don't forget...if anyone ever needs to get away you can check out retreatfinder.com to find a place that may work for your schedule and budget.

Lots of love to all of you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Date: April 18, 2008 08:09PM

Wow! We've had a lot of people asking about the retreat after seeing it mentioned here! I love this forum for all kinds of reasons, and now I love it for another one! :-)

Lots of love to all of you!

Wendi
XOXOXO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables