Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to this!
Posted by: Weronika ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:21PM

Hallo!

Im 26y young women and I just started living on a raw food diet. I never been vegeterian and I dont see myself as one now either. I just had like a wake up call some some time ago and thought this food cant be good for my body! And that is also the reason why I am trying the raw food diet. So I am eating vegtables, fruit, nuts.I am healthy otherwise except I could have better eyes. Im not overweight and I hope I wont loose too much with this diet. My food is not only organic, Im a student and I cant afford it its as simple as that. I will eat other food if Im at a social event or similair.

Im wondering about some things:
I seen some changes.I honestly dont feel tired or hungry. But my head hurts in a way I never felt. Could that be that my body is detoxing? And if so for how long should I wait until I know its not detoxation?

Everything also takes longer time (now I like to do things slowely for instance when I walk-before I always walked very fast) and also I hear everything much laoder (which I dont enjoy).Im very thirsty-why is that? And I also have better skin I think. But its too short of a time to say.

Im excercising about 3-4 times a week (running, weights on the gym etc). All for feeling healthy and taking care of my body. So Im wondering about proteins. What is the best source for getting them?

im also afraid I dont eat enough. But I just dont feel hungry (before I was quite often hungry and tired). I will get some tests dont after some months on this diet to see if everything is OK.

I have ordered a book for more info.
Take care
W, Sweden

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to this!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 23, 2008 04:08PM

Hi Weronika! Sounds like you are doing well! I'll take a crack:

1) Don't worry about organic. Eat it if you can find it, or eat conventional and don't worry about it.

2) You'll go through a detox and slow-down period(s) throughout your change...until you reach your goal. It is a myth that it is all SUPER ENERGY once you start eating fresh fruits and vegetables - especially if you are still eating cooked foods.

3) Your head will hurt...as part of detox. Make sure you are getting plenty of pure water - as this is often a sign of dehydration. Your body's eliminatory needs will need extra water.

4) All fruits / vegetables - when eaten in variety - have protein and will give you the proteins you need. If you need extra...eat nuts or sprouts.

5) Eat too much healthy food rather than too little - and stay full.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: New to this!
Posted by: mookie ()
Date: April 23, 2008 04:25PM

wow, I am having alot of the same "symptoms"

my head was pounding for 2 days - but I think it was dehydration, I made myself drink two liters of water yesterday, and the headache went away.

I am also not hungry on much less food than I was eating before, and my skin is clearer, and I just feel so much better. I can get out of bed in the morning without that hungover feeling.

also, I think my circulation is improving. Before I started eating raw, my shoulder and hip would go numb and hurt after sleeping on my side for a couple hours at night-- and that went away. and I just generally feel less stiff in my joints. It's amazing what some healthy food can do..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables