Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

advice for nausea and burping
Posted by: c_kat ()
Date: April 22, 2008 01:34PM

Hey,

I recently started eating 75% raw. Prioir to this my diet was 100% organic, diary, sugar and wheat free. At the time I was having what seemed like gallbladder symtoms and tried the grated beet with lemon juice and flax oil which really helped.

Now I find that an hour or so after I meal I get so nauseaous I feel like I will vomit - but so far I haven't. And then I start to burp and burp and can taste my food and get dizzy and weak. It seems so strange as for example it happened yesterday after I ate a salad.

Any ideas as to why this could be happening? Is there anything I can take or avoid to clear it up?

Thx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: advice for nausea and burping
Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 22, 2008 01:42PM

From everything that I have read... and experienced. This is what I would do.

I would juice fast... even if just for a day. Then try eating raw foods again. I would avoid everything that causes me grief. I mean if salad is giving you problems then dont eat it. Eat pineapple, papaya, oranges, grapefruits... things that are easy to digest and are cleansing.

Eat only till the stomach is full.

[www.thefruitpages.com]

The acid and low acid fruits on this page are easier to digest.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 22, 2008 02:48PM

Fruits are cleansing but the most powerful cleanser of the intestinal track is green juice, especially from cabbage, turnip, dandelion. Green juices and fruits.

Date: April 22, 2008 03:53PM

Can I fast on wheat grass juice? I find this easier to tolerate than other juices.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 22, 2008 03:56PM

I have heard green juice is cleansing/healing for the bowels. And I believe it is because wheat grass juice is supposed to be excellent for the bowels.

But powerful isnt always best madinah... forcing the body is not healthy. I mean colonics are really good at cleaning the lower bowels... but do damage in the process.

I remember what my folks would do to cleanse us kids would be to buy crates and crates of BC fruit. We would eat cherries, peaches, appricots, and stuff like that all day long... for like a month. We were allowed as much as we wanted. And I tell ya... we were cleaned out, and regular. All of us poopin like 3 times a day!

Date: April 23, 2008 12:45AM

Context Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I mean colonics are
> really good at cleaning the lower bowels... but do
> damage in the process.
>

What kind of damage?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 23, 2008 03:11AM

c_kat,

I don't think a fast is necessary. Try making a simpler salad, perhaps starting with just one ingredient, and each day adding a new ingredient until you find what makes you nauseous.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 24, 2008 03:27PM

Digestion would seem to be the issue. Try to find easily high quality digestible raw foods, like green leafy veggies high in water content, juicy fruits, etc. Also depends on what the 25% of your 'usual' diet consists of as the mix of the raw foods with the 'other' foods may have some issue with digest/transit times. Maybe have the 75% raw foods first part of the day, with the 25% of the 'other' foods at your evening meal time. Let us know what you find works for you. It could help others on their raw journey.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 25, 2008 11:25PM

Victoria Boutenko wrote in her book "Green for Life" about how people suffer from low HCL (stomach acid) She says many raw foodist even have this problem. She assisted in a study where participants were given a quart of blended greens (in the form of green smoothies) daily for one month. After one month, stomach acid greatly improved. We need strong stomach acid to digest certain veggies including other greens. COnsuming blended greens for awhile with improve your ability to produce HCL and hopefully help with your problem. I'd really recommend that you read that book.

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 26, 2008 01:35AM

....can't edit numerous typos in previous post, sorry!

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 26, 2008 04:09PM

Does sound like a deficiency in digestive juices and enzymes. You might try if taking enzymes make a difference. Also google 'gastric dumping syndrome' and see if that matches your symptoms.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables