Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprouting Avocado Seeds
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: April 27, 2008 12:05PM

Has anyone here tried to sprout avocado seeds? (I mean for eating the sprouts.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprouting Avocado Seeds
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 27, 2008 12:30PM

No...but I've sprouted many avocado seeds (not for eating). It takes about 3-4 weeks or so....until it forms a little root. And then several more weeks before it sprouts a plant........and then several more before leaves. Even if you managed to sprout 50 avocado seeds (difficult) they would all be growing at different stages....and yield no more than a small bite. Just some thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 27, 2008 03:51PM

I sprout the seeds but not to eat; I love the trees. My parents sprouted them when I was growing up in California and got trees big enough to produce a few fruits. My partner and I are pushing the limits of what we can grow here in Massachusetts, and we have a few little trees in our living room. (Incidentally, we harvested greens inside in Jan. and outside in cold frames in Feb. We have our 1/4 acre yard about half full of gardens right now and are blowing the neighbors' minds with what we are harvesting right now!)

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: April 27, 2008 11:35PM

Does it snow steadily during the winter months of Massachussets?

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 28, 2008 07:30PM

I've only lived in Massachusetts two winters. The first winter saw only three major snowfalls, but it was chilly all winter (well below freezing every night). This past winter had its first snowfall in mid November, and snow covered the ground (a foot plus) until the beginning of April. So usually, yes, from what the natives say.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables