Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

burning stomach
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 29, 2008 12:44PM

I have been 100percent raw for 11days now and wake in the morning with a gnawing
and burning sensation in my lower abdomen.I also feel very weak and tired most of the time and can't sleep like I used to.I was wondering if this was a normal part of the process and if there was anything I could do.I feel spiritually and mentally good about being raw,but my body is in turmoil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: burning stomach
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 29, 2008 02:04PM

Opinion:

No, this doesn't sound particularly healthy. If you are in some kind of crisis....and you cannot concentrate....or are in pain......then go back to a way of eating that you are 100% comfortable with....and set smaller goals to stretch from there. Your other option is to see your health care professional - if you feel your situation warrants it.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 30, 2008 12:19AM

LM, What have you been eating during the day? Are you observing food combining rules? Eating sweet fruits by themselves, etc.? Have you had problems with your stomach in the past?

Whenever my stomach is upset like that I drink German Chamomile Tea and it helps soothe the nerves and reduces any pain/discomfort. Also, Peppermint Tea is good, too. The best is the organic German Chamomile. When I had a ulcer I used to drink it all day. I cured the ulcer by drinking organic German Chamomile Tea. That was in my pre-Raw days. I no longer had to take the Zantac which didn't do much other than hide the symptoms.

Good luck. Therese

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 30, 2008 12:35AM

livingman,

The questions posed by life101 are very relevant if you are experiencing pain in your digestive system. Could you give us your typical daily menu, including the times you eat, and the quantities of food that you eat.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 30, 2008 02:21AM

I get that when I eat too many nuts. My first two months raw, I was eating way too many almonds.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 30, 2008 01:16PM

You may be going too fast or your daily eating may not be the greatest approach for your current health. Outside activities as far as stress and activity can have a part also. Even your past history plays a part. First thing, as Bryan asked: what are you eating daily?? How late in the day are you eating also perhaps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables