Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food studies and specific diseases
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: April 11, 2008 03:30PM

Does anyone know of any studies, papers, books, or trials related raw food vegan lifestyle reducing the symptoms associated with any of the following diseases:

Cystic Fibrosis

or autoimmune diseases such as:

Lupus
fibromyalgia
Chronic Fatigue
Rheumatoid arthritis

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food studies and specific diseases
Posted by: tea937 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 03:53PM

David Klein has a book out for the self-healing of Colitis and Crohn's Diesase. Neither of these were on your list of diseases but Crohn's is an autoimmune disease. Here is a link to his website for more information.

[www.colitis-crohns.com]

I know this does not directly answer your question, but since starting this lifestyle (about a month ago) and trying to live by what this book suggests I already feel much better than I have felt for a long time.

Posted by: warm-glow ()
Date: April 11, 2008 04:17PM

All I know is a raw food diet with live enzymes helps boost the immune system.
Sorry no links.

Date: April 12, 2008 02:32AM

Thank you both!

As a raw food vegan for over 5 years, I consider myself living proof of how this lifestyle reduces the debilitating symptoms/effects of autoimmune diseases. It's not a cure, but it does make life bearable, and keeps most symptoms mellow, most of the time. :-)

What I'm looking for is studies, trials, published testimonials,etc.

There were none to be found when I went raw. That was a long time ago, so maybe now...

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: April 12, 2008 03:01AM

Although I'm not sure they are strictly vegan, beyondveg has put together a list of raw food research articles....including on rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia:
[www.beyondveg.com]

My inflamation symptoms are much better on raw....hope this helps..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2008 03:13AM by loeve.

Date: April 12, 2008 03:32AM

That's what I'm talkin about!

Thanks!

Glad raw helps you! I don't even what to know what things would feel like if I went backed to cooked!

hmmm....now if I could only find something on lupus.

and also CF...

It's been a while since I've posted, I forgot how helpful everyone is on this board!

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: April 13, 2008 05:27PM

swimmer, you are welcome smiling smiley....just want to comment that David Klein link (above) I found excellent from past reading..nice testimonial and other info.

re: the beyondveg link,I just realized it hasn't been updated in a while..you might try the Pritikin Center for up to date research studies....maybe you remember an occasional poster here, Jeff Novick, who is director of nutrition over there and a researcher himself.
[www.pritikin.com]

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: April 13, 2008 06:19PM

You might also want to try rawfoodexplained.com.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 14, 2008 10:51AM

[[maybe you remember an occasional poster here, Jeff Novick, who is director of nutrition over there and a researcher himself.
[www.pritikin.com] ]]

Jeff was great, knew a lot and very helpful! I couldn't think of a single point on which I disagreed with him. I think some of youse guys ran him off.

Date: April 14, 2008 04:11PM

Thanks loeve, mona, arugula,

The Pritikin program is good and I applaud Jeff's efforts. Programs like that are VERY helpful to someone living a SAD lifestyle. The research page references some articles in informative journals, but not What I'm looking for because the Pritikin program is not based on raw vegan.

I read David Klein's book a few years back. It helped me a lot at the time. It is on my list, but I need to expand beyond Crohn's with this research.

What I'm trying to do specifically is prove to my doctor that most autoimmune disease symptoms can be greatly reduced by a diet that is at, or near, 100% raw vegan combined with an active lifestyle, WITHOUT the use of prescription drugs. He knows my story, but I need scientific studies to really teach him something. It's a rare opportunity, but I think I may really get him to listen.

You guys are a real big help. THANKS again! I've been searching a lot on cystic fibrosis but haven't found anything yet.

Side note: I can't seem to get the edit function to work. I can edit the post, but it does not upload when I hit post...anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Have a great day everyone!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 14, 2008 08:24PM

The option to edit expires after a certain amount of time, I think.

Posted by: Geoffrey ()
Date: May 02, 2008 05:26AM

Look into the connection of mycoplasma to autoimmune diseases. A raw diet is great, but be sure to included coconut oil, as well as other things that suppress bacteria(plus add things that support friendly bacteria).
Mycoplasma are very tiny bacteria that can live within cells.

[www.curezone.com]

Posted by: Geoffrey ()
Date: May 02, 2008 07:45PM

More information on mycoplasma and "autoimmune"(a bit of a misnomer) disease:

[www.godlikeproductions.com]

[www.shasta.com]

[www.rain-tree.com]

[dailystrength.org]

[www.immunesupport.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables