Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone felt like this?
Posted by: Weronika ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:03PM

Hi
I have´understood that some of you are 100%raw. But Im sure there are some of you that are raw mostly but not always.
I eat raw food most of the time and that is what my goal is right now. I decided at the begining that I will make exceptions when there is a holiday or when Im at a friends house for dinner etc. This is because I dont want to make a problem and I dont want people to question me-which they already are because I eat a raw salad for lunch everyday.
So I had absolutely no problem with eating raw food until this wednesday. In Sweden where im at people celebrate the evening before 1st of May. I was invited to some friends for barbequing and when I ate I felt really bad! I had to excuse myself and I thought I would throw up-but -i didnt. I rested for half an hour and then I felt a little better.
Then on thursday I slept at these friends house and therefore continued with "normal" food (dont know what to call it) in the morning. That evening I had dinner at my mums house and today I had problem adjusting to raw food-I felt really tired in the morning and had problem to get up from bed (Im a student so I didnt have to go to the University today). But I slept to noon! Tomorrow I will eat as raw again.

So Im wondering-do you also feel bad like I did when I changed to a normal diet?

How long time did it take for you to feel as good as you seem to do?
I feel really strange in my head sometime when Im was raw-I cant explain it.

Except for that I hadnt been raw for a long time but for the first time in my life I didnt feel tired during the day when I was raw. And I saw my friends getting tired at around 3 as I also once did. It so great not to feel like that!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone felt like this?
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 02, 2008 07:31PM

I consider raw (or mostly) to be normal for me.....I think you aren't feeling bad going back to raw; I think you are feeling bad from eating cooked food, probably, and it could be a mental thing- just relax and be yourself. Do what you can.

BUT I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD EVER VIEW YOUR CHOICES AS A "PROBLEM" You are who you are. Be who you want to be, regardless of what other people might think. How can anyone respect you if you can't even be yourself?

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Re: Anyone felt like this?
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: May 02, 2008 09:17PM

imagine you had a beloved relative, an aunt, a cousin, a nephew. would you ever want them to come over to your house and eat what you are eating if they knew it was going to make them feel sick or deplete them? no! don't assume that you are "making problems" for people or being high maintenance. bring your own food, eat it with joy, don't judge others, and generally you will be totally accepted. sure, they might think you are a bit strange, but in a good way! i find that my friends and relatives love to have me eat with them, i'm like an exotic species that they get to view up close!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2008 09:21PM by maui_butterfly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables