Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What detox symptoms did you get when transitioning?
Posted by: orangeflame ()
Date: May 06, 2008 03:35AM

I've been experiencing all kinds of interesting symptoms lately that I can really only chalk up to detox during this dramatic transition for my body. The funny thing is, I welcome them in all their unpleasantness...because it is just so GRATIFYING to know what is really being accomplished when I experience these things.

What were some of your experiences when first switching to raw? I'm sure the stories run the gamut..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What detox symptoms did you get when transitioning?
Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: May 06, 2008 04:37AM

100% raw for almost a year. Mine fluctuate, but generally includes being tired and/or waking up with headaches. Yuk. I finished a water fast recently and have been a little fatigued post cleanse. I think my adrenal glands are still releasing something. Other than that, really haven't had too many detox symptoms since going raw. I was a cooked vegan for a few years and a vegetarian before that. Perhaps this played a part in the easier transition. I'm sure there will be more learnings along the way. :-D

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 06, 2008 05:40AM

Periods of frequent bowel movements, sweating, dry mouth, ache, fatigue, headache, nausea, weakness, dramatic energy shifts, dizziness.....and an inability to juggle.....no wait...I had that before.....

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2008 02:28PM

Funny David!
Sounds like something Woody Allen would saysmiling smiley
So far so good for me.
No detox symptoms yet.
But not totally raw either.
About at the 98% level now.
All cooked is still some steamed veggies.
Brian

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: May 06, 2008 08:32PM

LOL! thats so funny David.

I had approximately one detox every two weeks, then one every month and now about one every month and half. The detox symptoms were usually severaly clogged sinus, colds, cough, slight fever which promptly went away (like in just three or fourdays) when I stopped eating - just water fasted. One time I got rashes that went away in one day of juice fasting.

So thats my story. I am high raw and not all raw. So we will see what happens when I go all rawsmiling smiley

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 07, 2008 11:44PM

Haha David.

I had almost all of the above except rashes. In addition, I felt weak, light-headed, inability to concentrate, felt ungrounded, at points I had burning sensations in my feet and body, my hair and nails became weak and soft. As for the fatigue, I would wake up sometimes and felt like I had been hit by a Mack Truck.

I got very sick for 2 weeks with a cold and I had all the regular cold symptoms plus enormous amounts of mucus I was releasing. I also released lots of mucus from other body parts when I didn't have a cold. This gets gross so I won't describe.

I'm still detoxing as I'm not 100%. The other detox that I did was to release growths that I didn't know I had. Also, I had a scaly-like wartish growth under my tongue and it is no longer wart-like but more of a slight bump under my tongue.

Oh, yes, the eyes become clearer and the color starts to change if the eyes are not already blue or green. Mine are enroute to becoming blue from brown.

Good luck. Therese

Posted by: sunshineTX ()
Date: May 08, 2008 12:21AM

OMG, are you serious, Therese??? Your eye color is beginning to change to blue. I had blue eyes until I was about 2 years old, and then they turned brown. I didn't know that could happen... I am very intrigued.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 08, 2008 01:28AM

None solely due to raw for me but it was gradual over many years.

I feel it strongly though when I don't eat enough.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 08, 2008 04:25AM

i have heard that when the eyes change color from blue to brown... its a sign of toxicity

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables