Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help..pollen allegy or cold?
Posted by: customagic ()
Date: May 11, 2008 11:10PM

Recently I have been having cold-like symptom and I also started modified Lemonade Diet (taking Lemonade and juice, broth but no solid food) at the same time.
My symptom didn't get better and I still have the same symptom...a lot of mucus comes out constantly. After about 8 days into it, I had to stop since I was having mothers day lunch and at least I wanted to eat raw food. By the way, I never had pollen allegy before but a lot of people suspects it.
Anyways, I had some raw brownie yesteday and I felt really sick...almost like I had a flu. I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I just wanted to clean up my system before I go back to Japan at the end of this month for about 2 months where it is very hard to continue staying raw. I can stay Vegan and try my best to keep food combining well but I am pretty sure it's hard.

I am just wondering what I do next...should I start full Master Cleanser to get rid of the toxin? Thank you for your help in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help..pollen allegy or cold?
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 01:25AM

Sounds like detox to me. When detoxing, it is better to drink hot liquids rather than a lot of solid food. I've never eaten bee pollen but if you're releasing mucus, that seems to be a detox symptom rather than an allergic reaction. Most people swell up or have hives when associating with bee related items.

When I went raw I was sick for 2 weeks. That made me give up meat entirely. Didn't want to ever be that sick again.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 02:07AM

I just want to say, I hope you feel better soon.

Lee

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 12, 2008 04:06AM

As I have recently learned not all symptoms are diet related..but your body is certainly telling you something. You have to figure out what that is as it's hard for us to tell except thru our experiences and circumstances.

I'd ask the big questions before focusing on the smaller ones..like what is your living conditions like, heating, water source for drinking, bathing, house environs can be anything from mites to molds and everything between. Then you can go to the next questions, maybe what, where, how, and when you prepare foods, purchase them, clean them, etc. There is so much and our minds are funny things..they can ignore stuff pretty well even when our questions are answered yet we somehow ignore the truth and keep searching. So, all I can say for now is I hope you quickly find what it is that you need to get well so you can go back to Japan.

A lot of mucous means your body is trying to get rid of some irritant and while you want to get rid of it, it's probably protecting you in someways for now. Personally I think the lemonade diet is harsh on a system and the amounts of maple syrup (that is the one you are one correct?) is just plain overboard imo.

If I were a body faced with taking almost a gallon of maple syrup in 2 weeks..I'd be puking not just running mucous. As for cold symptoms..I believe that for a lot of things greens and green juices can do wonders. Leafy greens have a lot of the minerals a body needs in proportion to each other and for a body to utilize.

Let us know how you do and what you find out and/or if something works for you or not.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: customagic ()
Date: May 12, 2008 05:52AM

Thank you all for kind comments.

I live in NYC where air is badly polluted.
I buy organic but non-organic food as well.
My husband and 2 kids are not into raw food so it's really hard sometimes. Actually once my husband was almost 100% raw and he lost huge amout of weight...somehow his parents started to complain how he looked horrible. I thought he looked much better though. Anyways he quit...he eats fish now..he loves sushi...he gained all the weight back.sad smiley He loves cooking and constantly offering cooked food to me. I feel terrible because when he was on raw food diet, he loved it and he felt great. But now he has no interest.

My cold-like symptom started a little before my lemonade/juice diet. Yes I do take maple syrup but not a huge amount (up to 3 times a day) since I was drinking juice as well. I have done Master Cleanser before but I never had this symptom so there must be something else going on. I am trying to figure out but I really have no idea. I do take green juice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables