Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw fruit and nut bars
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 04:17PM

Hi guys,

I like to hike and needed some nourishment during the day hiking I do. Currently, I eat bananas and drink kefir/soymilk (non raw). I would like to cut down and reduce the non raw component and wanted to carry nutrition powerhouses for the strenuous hike. I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendation for good raw fruit and nut bars.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw fruit and nut bars
Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: May 12, 2008 07:16PM

lara bars!
i make my own trail mix too and can't get enough of the stuff!

Date: May 12, 2008 07:29PM

hey thanks. Looks good and they are available at whole foods.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 07:31PM

I make my own trailmix and put only stuff I like in it! smiling smiley Tastes better that way. I don't skimp on the good stuff.

Date: May 12, 2008 07:56PM

Any recipes Lee and Nadia? I can give that a shot.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 12, 2008 11:27PM

If you have a dehydrator, you can dehydrate your own fruits. If not, you can make your own trail mix by hitting up a bulk section, preferably from a reliable source (Whole Foods has nice bulk, but it can be expensive).

Shredded coconut in trailmix is great! =)

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 01:31AM

Ditto what phantom wrote.

I go to the bulk section of Whole Foods or another health food store and buy up the stuff I like. What I end up with is largely whim and what the store has... I love shredded coconut, some raw nuts, I chop up dried apricots (because I am bored with raisins), maybe chop up some dried mango or apple, whatever I see when I'm grazing that section of the store. When I first encountered goji berries, I used them. They are really pricey though.

I used to use raw cacao nibs. It's too much of a stimulant for me but if you like it, try it.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 13, 2008 02:08AM

^I used to do M&Ms way, way back... and it never occurred to me to add raw chocolate! =D

Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: May 13, 2008 06:08PM

raw cashews, raw almonds, raw sunflower seeds, dried cherries, apricots and raisins. and occasionally dried mango although it's hard to find unsulphered and unsweetened (which i finally did at natural land on flatbush, for those people who live in the park slope/prospect heights area of brooklyn)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables