Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bodybuilder who has put on weight eating Raw!
Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 01:29AM

Are there any guys out there who eat raw or even say at 60 % raw and are bodybuilders.

I have a challege putting on weight period. I have lifted pretty much my whole life and lifting has always helped me in many ways.However,now I would like to put on a good 20 pounds. I am starting on creatine tomorrow(I know most raws are against it)but outside of that if any one has been successful gaining weight and strenght I would greatly appreciate to know how you did it.

Respecfully speaking I am only looking people to respond in a respectful manner.

TYou! (Oh yea I have whey protien-your thoughts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bodybuilder who has put on weight eating Raw!
Posted by: sweetlime ()
Date: May 13, 2008 02:08AM

Have you checked out Storm from thegardendiet.com? He put on lots of healthy muscle weight being 100% raw + specific exercises.

Date: May 13, 2008 02:12AM

Thanks,
That will be one resource.

Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: May 13, 2008 09:12AM

Hello,

Im trying to put on weight eating 100% raw and it is very difficult,
But i know if i was eating 60% raw or even 70% raw, i would have no problem putting on weight, i would then eat alot of oats and i would also take a hemp protein shake maybe twice a day.

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: May 13, 2008 01:00PM

go to www.foodnsport.com

dr doug graham has info that will help you...801010 is for athletes

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 13, 2008 01:15PM

You may want to change your mindset a little unfortunately. Raw foodists will gravitate toward their natural weight. By putting on weight, it would be considered unhealthy and raw foods isn't the way to go about it. You can build muscle to a degree, but again you are what you are when it comes down to it. Getting big and adding 20+ pounds on a raw food diet goes against what a raw food diet is. Sure some raw foodists are very well muscled as storm, and that is the goal to achieve, not putting on weight through food. Hope that is kinda clear??

Date: May 13, 2008 02:41PM

These videos I made may interest you but it's based on a 100% Fruitarian diet.

My opinions: Anybody can gain "weight" when not 100% raw but actually building muscle is a very slow process especially when 100% raw when you have no "padding" from cooked foods to fill you out and any muscle growth/tone is based on adaptation meaning that you MUST maintain what your doing to maintain the muscle, once you stop you will go back to your own natural genetic make up.

As far as the protien shake thing, it's just another way to get the body to retain water and you have to keep taking it to get the impression of size/muscle mass which is good news for the makers of it but bad news for your pocket and your health.

Fruitarian Bodybuilding?
[uk.youtube.com]

Your Natural Blue Print
[uk.youtube.com]

Hope thes vids help!

F1

Date: May 13, 2008 06:05PM

Great Feed back everyone.Keep it coming.

Posted by: monson ()
Date: May 14, 2008 03:39AM

this guy is pretty solid...

[www.welikeitraw.com]
[www.welikeitraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables