Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tea question
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 14, 2008 01:35PM

I know a lot of people fuss about being raw, raw+tea, 99.5% raw with tea drinking, whatever...

And then, suddenly, I wondered: does simple tea drinking start any leukocytosis?

And if you wanted to sweeten your tea... chances are, right out of the kettle, it would "kill" any raw sweetener, anyway?

I know that ultimately, it's not about getting hung up on the word "raw" and just eating plenty of fresh stuff.

But this was just another one of my idle curiosity moments...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tea question
Posted by: earthmother213 ()
Date: May 14, 2008 02:02PM

i make sun tea. it's comfortingly warm right out of the carafe and i can make it with anything i want; i stick with herbal blends, primarily from herbs i've grown myself or bought fresh, and white tea. i use agave nectar as a sweetener.

chandelle

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 14, 2008 07:41PM

I drink tea

mainly goji, green and spiced chai types

in the summer suntea

try not to get too hung up on it

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 14, 2008 10:01PM

I'm not hung up on it personally, I already know how tea feels inside my body and I don't think it's anything I have to worry about at all! I also don't drink tea on a regular basis... but it's yummy. =)

But I was just wondering about the scientific minutiae. I heard the body's digestive system gets minimally revved even when we drink water, different things about dry fasting and the like, so I'm wondering where tea falls scientifically in the spectrum of digestive juices and other related magic.

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: May 16, 2008 03:39AM

I'm no longer 100% raw, so i went back to tea.
Even if i decide to go 100% again i will not quit drinking
my tea. I love it too much and no longer am obsessed with
the label of 100% raw.
just my 2 sense!!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 16, 2008 05:19AM

When I went all raw I decided to stop drinking tea and drink clean water instead. At first I missed the tea but slowly I began to appreciate the refreshing taste of the pure water. As the summer finished and fall began I wanted something warm and so I dug out my old tea cup warmer and put it back in its place on my desk. I made tea only I didn't put a tea bag in it - just warm pure water. I put the warm water onto the cup warmer and my desire for something warm was satisfied. As fall gave way to winter I found that I really liked the refreshing taste of the water, especially the way it cleanses my pallet as an assist to eliminating taste when I stop eating one mono meal and await the slight return of hunger that I watch for before starting my next mono meal. I realized an unexpected benefit in that the water so cleansed the pallet that it helped me to read my body's urge for the next food to be eaten because there weren't any lingering tastes to distract me - only the urge from body/mind about the next food choice. I now find it fairly easy to consistently read my body signals/urges for what food it wants next. Another aspect of drinking water that I appreciate is that it washes my mouth out so that food and sugars are cleansed from my mouth leaving it fresh feeling, in fact I like to "swish" it before swallowing. I also like the clean, refreshing taste of the distilled water very much - theres just nothing else as refreshing to drink IMO. Now I am completely satisfied with drinking water and have no intention of going back any more then I would go back to eating cooked food.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2008 05:23AM by EZ rider.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables