Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sufficient nutrition?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 16, 2008 05:32PM

I would like advice from the 'long timers' please. After 5 months or so I have settled down to fresh fruit and vegetables as they come and I really enjoy them and don't desire anything else. I eat pumkin and sunflower seed, pine nuts, a little dried fruit and very few nuts - like a couple a day.

I do not eat hemp, flax seeds(they do not agree with me ) or their oils and I have no desire too. Sprouts play havoc with my system so I am quite happy not eating those too. Since discovering that I prefer salads with out oil I now have no olive oil either.

Should I be concerned about anything - oh I don't know, say omega's etc. Am I going to discover a deficiency long term?

I know we all eat differently but this is what I am really comfortable with.

Advice greatfully recieved

thanks from Philippa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sufficient nutrition?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 16, 2008 05:55PM

I hear you Philippa. Hmmm....I suppose it is up to the individual to determine (based on careful research) what YOUR nutrient/protein/calorie requirements are . You can certainly look up these nutrient profiles of many of the foods you are eating here:

[www.nal.usda.gov]

-I hope this is helpful. I CAN tell you that I've eating nothing but fruit for many years now....and 100% raw for many years before that....and my lab tests and health have always been fine. But you and I know there is more to holistic health than what you're putting in your mouth! smiling smiley

-Power to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: sufficient nutrition?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 16, 2008 10:12PM

Thank you David - I know that is the truth. I need to trust myself and be confident

best wishes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables