Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Healing Bump on Roof Of Mouth?
Posted by: nik ()
Date: May 17, 2008 02:33AM

I have this large bump on the roof of my mouth just behind my right front tooth. It is really big and round and feels swollen. It is sore if I press my tongue into it. It just popped up. It is the size of a cranberry. I have no idea what it is or what caused it. It is making it difficult to talk and is uncomfortable. I can't even close my mouth without my tongue feeling it. I've gotten canker sores before and sores from injury and bitting my cheeks or lips. Although I've never gotten anything like this before. It is like a swollen cyst. I've looked it up and it sounds like it could possibly be a Mucocele. [www.emedicine.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

It says that it has to have surgery to get it out yet sometimes it can possibly resolve on it's own. I'm hopping for the later. Do you know anything about this and what kind of things I can do to help it heal and resolve on it's own? If it is a cyst, I have no idea what would help that. Does diet effect this kinds of things? Certain foods or herbs or substances or anything? Acid/Alkaline? Anything? Thanks.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2008 02:35AM by nik.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Healing Bump on Roof Of Mouth?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 17, 2008 06:11AM

Yes, diet could cause this. Or perhaps it might be mercury from fillings. Or it could be some past toxin that came into your body. A water fast will allow your body to heal cysts, but it may require a long water fast, and for that you ought to have supervision.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 17, 2008 06:13PM

I don't know the cause of what's happening in your mouth, but swishing with fresh wheatgrass juice works wonders. I had a crisis that started with bleeding gums, progressed into all kinds of nasty tooth pains, so much that I could barely stand to brush, and swishing a few times every day (and then drinking after you swish) was literally a miracle cure.

Now, they're obviously two different problems, but wheatgrass is loaded with minerals, is great for oral health and general disinfectant, so at the very worst, you're getting some high-impact nutrition and a lessening of discomfort. At best, maybe it will clear everything up for you, too. =)

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: May 18, 2008 08:20AM

Once while I was raw I got a sore bump that opened up on the top of the roof of my mouth, and a big blood blister on my cheek. They both went away in about a week. I'd wait that long before I worried at all. The mouth is an interesting place! It can heal very quickly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables