Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

can't sleep
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2008 10:41AM

hi everyone. Looking forward to bieng a part of this community. Just started the raw lifestyle about 7 days ago.
Has anyone had issues with not bieng able to sleep properly when they first started?? Just tossing and turning and not a well rested sleep. Maybe the toxins are coming out? Thanks for any input

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't sleep
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 17, 2008 01:04PM

Yes. Make changes slowly to avoid any acute detox like pain, nausea or insomnia. Make sure you are staying full. Don't eat after dark....eat simpler....and get in a good 30 minute workout before dark.

Identify and live joyous goal. Then, even if you are not sleeping....you will have books, hobbies or other interests to pursue. You don't HAVE to sleep every night for 8 hours.....any more than you HAVE to eat a FULL LOAD of EVERY nutrient EVERY day. Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 17, 2008 01:40PM

thank you for the great advice. I think i am not eating enough before bed or not eating something that can sustain me through the night. Any suggestions on what are good dinner foods? I feel wonderful otherwise.
really hope to continue this wholeheartedly! Great positive change in my life.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 17, 2008 05:36PM

Are you eating any of the stimulating food that many people eat e.g maca or cacoa. There are probably others but I don't know them.

Hopefully this will pass for you soon

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 17, 2008 06:04PM

Overeating too close to sleepy time, or even eating a lot of fruit right before bed will keep me awake, too.

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: May 17, 2008 06:46PM

Are you exercising much? When I'm very active I zonk out early at night.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 17, 2008 08:57PM

agreed

dont gorge yourself in the evening, keep away from stimulants and go train hard

you wont have problems sleeping

if I eat too late.. I will be awake all night long!!

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 17, 2008 09:01PM

Yeah... what flipperjan said.

I became very sensitive to stimulants. One time I drank some caffeinated tea at noon and couldn't get to sleep until 3 AM! It was nuts. I'm usually asleep by 10 PM.

I also need to cut back on eating in the PM hours... If I don't eat enough early in the day, I get hungry, then I eat too late in the day and then I experience insomnia.

Hang in there.

I hope this helps.

Lee

[www.dhamma.org]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 17, 2008 09:37PM

Posted by: Sparkler (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2008 11:46AM

Are you exercising much? When I'm very active I zonk out early at night.

Yep, exercise and a good sleep go together. Exercise seems to be the synergy factor that pulls all the loose ends of the raw food lifestyle together for a beautiful experience.

Date: May 17, 2008 11:41PM

Wow!
I like that last thought.....

Yep, exercise and a good sleep go together. Exercise seems to be the synergy factor that pulls all the loose ends of the raw food lifestyle together for a beautiful experience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables