Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Acid vs Alkaline Foods
Posted by: jackie ()
Date: June 30, 2006 02:12PM

This whole acid alkaline thing is very interesting to me.

Personally, I noticed that once I switched to high raw, my agression, emotional highs and lows, anger, "weepy" moments, etc. all WENT AWAY...

...and have not returned in over a year - the exact time period when I stopped eating processed foods, cooked foods, and concentrated on raw, living foods (no meat, few if any grains, etc.).

The only time I got back to my previously "normal" emotional scale (evident while on SAD) is after the hurricane last October when fresh foods just weren't available, and I got into the cooked thing again for a month or so.

If I "OG" (or over-green, eating a preponderance of "alkaline" greens), I reach a "bliss" state which I've NEVER encountered before (naturally through the use of food only). Now, granted the "bliss" doesn't last more than a few minutes, but hey, it was worth it!

Yet, there are other points of view which posit that the acid vs alkaline view of eating is utter nonsense:

[www.quackwatch.org]

or at least that we can't really change our pH levels:

[www3.telus.net]

But that there is a real relationship between the calcium our bodies need/use and the amount excreted in our urine:

[www.whfoods.com]

Now, say what you will, where is the REAL factual evidence that there is such a thing as the acid/alkaline balance, that we can control through eating more alkaline or more acid foods?

I know something is going on through this mostly alkaline raw diet, because the effects on my body and emotional state are real. But what is REALLY going on? If we can't change our blood level acidity/alkalinity, only our urine output, than what the heck is happening? It really feels great to be on a raw diet, but WHY?

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
And a few of us are over-alkaline.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: June 30, 2006 02:39PM

For years I believed that everyone needed to alkalinize. So I alked like an obsessed fiend. Then in the early 80's I got tested - blood and a couple of other markers. My system was too alkaline. That was part of the reason I was so weak. This is why a very high fruit diet isn't good for me. Although several researchers spoke of this, I never found mention of it in the raw community until I read Gabe Cousens, who finally mentioned it, and gave suggestions about how an over alkaline person could still thrive on a living diet. Thank you Gabe. I'm only sharing this because not EVERYONE needs to be more alkaline. And trying harder at being stricter and more alkaline (fruits etc) only made me worse and worse and worse. No kidding.

Love,

Piano Gal

Re: Acid vs Alkaline Foods
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 30, 2006 03:01PM

Piano Gal,

Which raw foods make you more alkaline, and which make you less alkaline?

I forget.

Btw I read Gabriel Cousens's book too - loved it, it was excellent.

Thanks,
Sunshine79

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables